Maggers   08-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Bernie Mac died today. So sad. He was only 50. I enjoyed him, and while I didn't watch his TV show often, when I did, I liked it and I liked him. I also liked him in the Ocean movies.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   08-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I just saw this on MSN. He apparently died from complications from pneumonia. That IS NOT common. He must have been septic and went into septic shock....not something easily recovered from.

I just went back and re-read the article. Now it makes sense. He had sarcoidosis, one of those nasty immunosuppressive diseases. It causes all sorts of damage to internal organs and damages the elasticity of tissue....your lungs need to be able to expand as well as deflate. Sad, he always made me laugh.
This post was last modified: 08-09-2008, 04:55 PM by cobalt.

EWMAN
Maggers   08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I just saw this on MSN. He apparently died from complications from pneumonia. That IS NOT common. He must have been septic and went into septic shock....not something easily recovered from.
They say he suffered from sarcoidosis which had settled in his lungs. I don't know anything about that illness. it's unclear if the pneumonia was related to the sarcoidosis. Maybe too soon to know for sure.

Just saw your addition to your post, Cobalt. Thanks for explaining.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   08-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I just went back and edited my post to sort of explain.

EWMAN
Noelie   08-09-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm so glad you posted that, Cobalt because my reaction was the same as yours - "What?! He died of pneumonia?!" So, so sad.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Sigokat   08-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Noelie Wrote:I'm so glad you posted that, Cobalt because my reaction was the same as yours - "What?! He died of pneumonia?!" So, so sad.

My step-father died from strep-pneumonia...he was 41.

Its rare, but it does happen.
This post was last modified: 08-10-2008, 07:41 AM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Maggers   08-10-2008, 12:14 PM
sigokat Wrote:My step-father died from strep-pneumonia...he was 41.

Its rare, but it does happen.

Jim Henson, founder and creator of the Muppets, died of strepptococcal pneumonia in 1990. He was 54. Sig's right; it's rare but it does happen.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Noelie   08-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, yeah, I know that it does happen. But I still react that way to it every time I hear it because of the rarity. Sad

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.