Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Automatic Jack   07-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Well, well... I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. If you look up, way way up, you will see a large rectangular expanse of wheat. That is roughly where I'm located. It's 6:00 am and I've been up the whole night.

Sigh... Work is going to be oh so much fun tomorrow...

Ya gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!
Ken Valentine   07-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Automatic Jack Wrote:I PM'd it to you but here's a large thumbnail also...
[Image: a908b90220e11950687af77ef6b115a6.png&w=800&q=0&enc=]
And yes, to my astonishment, I remembered my old Photobucket password. Still has all those old RJ pics too, but I'm not going to look!

PS: Oops, Wap beat me to it. Thanks.
That's a great piece of artwork.

Ken V.
cobalt   07-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Insomnia sucks. I'm usually up early, but that's just me. I live on 5 or 6 hours of sleep. It's probably related to my caffeine levels. lol

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   07-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Automatic Jack Wrote:Actually, as Ken V. has implied, I had an old account here a few years ago in which I also did nothing but post art (or so I recall). Then I dropped off the face of the forums... But I continued to love the RJ series and I've personally met only ONE other person whose even heard of them, so I came back.

I saw Animagess in your link, and your reference to Ninja Turtles confirmed it. I still remember your neat scarlip drawing with RJ and his Molotov Cocktail.

As I said, welcome back.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   07-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Automatic Jack Wrote:Well, well... I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. If you look up, way way up, you will see a large rectangular expanse of wheat. That is roughly where I'm located. It's 6:00 am and I've been up the whole night.

I know where Saskatchewan is. My wife was born in Regina, and one of my favorite books takes place in Saskatoon.

Ken V.
Wapitikev   07-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Automatic Jack Wrote:Well, well... I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. If you look up, way way up, you will see a large rectangular expanse of wheat. That is roughly where I'm located. It's 6:00 am and I've been up the whole night.

Hmmn. It's so damn flat up here that I can probably see your place from my front door. Good to have another Western Canadian voice on the board, AJ.

Nice Friendly Giant reference, BTW.

I'm off to catch an hour's sleep before my 2-year old wakes up.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Automatic Jack   07-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Ha ha, good memory, Ken! Hopefully I've improved since then...

Ken Valentine Wrote:My wife was born in Regina, and one of my favorite books takes place in Saskatoon.
Ken V.
Wow, which book is it? I'll be surprised if I haven't heard of it as the public library and bookstores here are always eager to promote any kind of media that has a whiff of the prairies about it. If not, I'll definitely have to check it out.

I swear, from the Simpsons to the RJ forums, Saskatchewan pops up in the weirdest places.

Ken Valentine   07-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Automatic Jack Wrote:Ha ha, good memory, Ken! Hopefully I've improved since then...
As you said, Scarlip looked kind of like a Ninja Turtle, but Jack looked really great.
Quote:Wow, which book is it? I'll be surprised if I haven't heard of it as the public library and bookstores here are always eager to promote any kind of media that has a whiff of the prairies about it. If not, I'll definitely have to check it out.
A well known Canadian author named Farley Mowat. The book is entitled THE DOG WHO WOULDN'T BE. For my taste, it's one of the funniest books I have ever read.

Ken V.
Silverfish   07-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the board!

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Automatic Jack   07-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes, guys!

Update: Here's a rather bold-ish pic of Jack scampering off with a certain necklace. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, and it says nothing about Jack's darker side, but I guess I'll explore that in another piece (maybe an ensemble picture?). Anyway, it was an honest effort, and very fun to do. Enjoy!
[Image: 7b8eea9a38833263a4262082af8c3270.png&w=800&q=0&enc=]

The large version can be accessed through the first post, which I will update with any new RJ-related thing I've done. I've also added a disclaimer. Weeee.

Pages (4):    1 2 3 4