Pages (2):    1 2
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:That maybe true outside of our little community, but many people here think it a masterpiece(rightfully so), while Reborn doesn't get the love, even from here(there was a thread a while back about it).

and here it is... http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...rn+dislike

I'd say THE FIFTH HARMONIC is Paul's most underrated tale.
Lysistrata   07-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:That maybe true outside of our little community, but many people here think it a masterpiece(rightfully so), while Reborn doesn't get the love, even from here(there was a thread a while back about it).

and here it is... http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...rn+dislike

What bothered me in Reborn are the Chosen.

What we have here is a bunch of people ready, in the name of god, to [spoiler yet again...] kill a man because they think he is the antechrist and forcibly abort a woman because they think the child she bears is the devil incarnated.

Similarly minded people regularly make the news because they imprisoned and/or killed someone (generally a teen girl) trying to exorcise her or such humbug. imho, there is only a difference of scale in the havoc wreck by them between them and terrorists who also kill in the name of god.

And yet, in Reborn, you can only think that had they succeeded, a lot of harm would have been spared.

It comes out as a vindication of religious nuts, which I doubt was FPW's goal.

Trying to be nice
Scott Miller   07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:And yet, in Reborn, you can only think that had they succeeded, a lot of harm would have been spared.

It comes out as a vindication of religious nuts, which I doubt was FPW's goal.

I guess I can see that, but I thought they came across as delusional loons who happened to be sort of right in that instance.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2):    1 2