Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8
Wapitikev   06-13-2008, 01:29 PM
anthonylangton Wrote:I don't know what 7 is supposed to mean, except that is probably refers to the Septimus Lodge, which appears in Bloodline and Secret Histories. But it's obviously important.

And to offer my theory of why Maurice didn't kill Jack in the basement in Conspiracies, I think it was the Otherness prohibiting him, because Jack needed to be sent to the Otherness. It wasn't because the Otherness had a score to settle, it was because it wanted to make him part of their army.

I think maybe The Lady (all one person, in my opinion) will have Jack do a "fix", i.e. saving the world. Problem is, since the last book has already been out, and I haven't read it, I could very well be wrong. Kinda sucks when you speculate about something that has already happened.

And by the way, there was a cop named Driscoll in Secret Histories. Could he be the same as Detective Driscoll in Infernal? Hmmm...

My copy of Secret Histories should be arriving this week, so I can't say for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me, with sly ol' Paul at the wheel.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Libby   06-13-2008, 11:12 PM
anthonylangton Wrote:I don't know what 7 is supposed to mean, except that is probably refers to the Septimus Lodge, which appears in Bloodline and Secret Histories. But it's obviously important.

And to offer my theory of why Maurice didn't kill Jack in the basement in Conspiracies, I think it was the Otherness prohibiting him, because Jack needed to be sent to the Otherness. It wasn't because the Otherness had a score to settle, it was because it wanted to make him part of their army.
Thought about 7!! Just now. 6 legs plus one head=7, so maybe the Q're(right) has something directally to do with the the other 7s.

Your theory is good, but didn't Paul say that it was the Otherness holding him back because of revenge? And you can't really argue with The Man. You have obviously given this alot of thought. But as I said with the number thing, if you look for something hard enough, you WILL find it.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
anthonylangton   06-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually I wasn't looking hard at all. I'm just crazy with numbers. Knowing that 7 goes into $24.71 3.53 times, or that it goes into $42.07 6.01 times, or that 903 (Dr. Levy's address) is 7 times 129, it all just comes naturally to me. I'm not sitting here with the book and a calculator.
Libby   06-14-2008, 04:06 PM
anthonylangton Wrote:Actually I wasn't looking hard at all. I'm just crazy with numbers. Knowing that 7 goes into $24.71 3.53 times, or that it goes into $42.07 6.01 times, or that 903 (Dr. Levy's address) is 7 times 129, it all just comes naturally to me. I'm not sitting here with the book and a calculator.

Nor am I, that being why I didn't know anything you just posted.Big Grin You do seem to have QUITE a flare for math.Smile

You may not have been looking for connections until the thought occered to you, I am guessing during the basement scene in Conspriacies.(?) But after that, I bet you were, even if not consciencely. It is a great theory, and one that I have no real proof against, but something in me says to doubt it.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
anthonylangton   07-18-2008, 12:57 AM
In Harbingers, the Oculus says that for five hundred years, they hardly got any Alarms. Later on, The Lady says that Glaeken imprisoned Rasolom for five hundred years. This supports my theory that Jack is supposed to be the Otherness's "spear", because of the Alarms telling the yeniceri to kill Jack's loved ones.

Now, I accept the fact that I could very well be wrong, but how come there's so much evidence supporting my idea if it isn't true? Makes one doubt themselves.
Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8