Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I doubt Paul would agree with that~! I asked him back in 12/04, I guess, "How come no post-NIGHTWORLD Jack stories?" "Mike, I left the world in =ruins=. Jack won't have any fix-it jobs. He'll be busy trying to keep himself and Gia and Vicky and his friends =alive." "Oh...Confusedad:"

And yes, the feckless Englishman Richard Westphalen was Vicky's forebear. But Jack is her =father.=

Indeed, being a parent is much more than imparting a share of DNA (or oDNA for that matter) to a child, though I still can't imagine an older Vicky as a masked avenger Smile

Nightworld spoiler

But even with the world in shambles, the Otherness could still want to have a try at winning earth. Though Glaeken will be restaured as the watcher.... drat...

BTW, is it better to warn of a possible spoiler before saying something about Nightworld of another book?

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Indeed, being a parent is much more than imparting a share of DNA (or oDNA for that matter) to a child, though I still can't imagine an older Vicky as a masked avenger Smile

Nightworld spoiler

But even with the world in shambles, the Otherness could still want to have a try at winning earth. Though Glaeken will be restaured as the watcher.... drat...

BTW, is it better to warn of a possible spoiler before saying something about Nightworld of another book?

Yeah, since not all of the gang have necessarily read any particular book yet. I spread the warning out like so:

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

DO YOU THINK THIS SPOILER MAKES MY ASS LOOK FAT?

And so on. Just so the reader doesn't pick up the next sentence immediately.
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I think it's my bum that makes my ass look fat :xd:

I wonder how FPW will gather together all the threads from Repairman Jack before Nightworld. Many topics are not addressed to in Nightworld (normal since it was previously written) and will have to be settled one way or another before it.

Or a different ending?

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:I think it's my bum that makes my ass look fat :xd:

I wonder how FPW will gather together all the threads from Repairman Jack before Nightworld. Many topics are not addressed to in Nightworld (normal since it was previously written) and will have to be settled one way or another before it.

Or a different ending?

Like what? STOP THE PRESSES! RASALOM WINS! RASALOM WINS IN OVERTIME! We got him right here for an exclusive interview, folks--don't go away. Here he is! Dr. Roma, this has to be a very, very special moment for you. How does it feel? I HAVE BEEN WORKING TOWARDS THIS GOAL FOR A VERY LONG TIME. We all know you have, sir. A long time indeed. But you accomplished your goal! Your thoughts right now? JUST TO REST, THINK ABOUT WHAT'S NEXT. And what might be next for you, Dr. Roma? WELL, PERHAPS GOLF. Ha-ha! Think you can beat Tiger Woods? I WILL NEVER KNOW UNTIL I TRY. That's right, Dr. Roma! We never know what we can do until we try. Over to you, Maggers!
This post was last modified: 06-23-2008, 07:13 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Abe becomes the new watcher? (or Vicky, or Julio, or Dawn's baby, or Jack's brother)?

Nightworld's night last three years and the gods fight (with Rasalom as Loki) and then it's paradise on earth (Ragnarok fulfilled)?

The dog ladies find the Otherness AND the Ally and disable them?

Jack finds a way to put a shield on earth to protect is from the superpowers? (OK, that one sounds too much like a tinfoil hat)

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Abe becomes the new watcher? (or Vicky, or Julio, or Dawn's baby, or Jack's brother)?

Nightworld's night last three years and the gods fight (with Rasalom as Loki) and then it's paradise on earth (Ragnarok fulfilled)?

The dog ladies find the Otherness AND the Ally and disable them?

Jack finds a way to put a shield on earth to protect is from the superpowers? (OK, that one sounds too much like a tinfoil hat)

What's wrong with =aluminium= hats? (Asked Little Blues, adjusting his own stylish model.)
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:What's wrong with =aluminium= hats? (Asked Little Blues, adjusting his own stylish model.)

that's it - a nice aluminium bibi on our planet, keeping those pesky powers out and useless Mars rockets in (what do we need them for anyway?).

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:that's it - a nice aluminium bibi on our planet, keeping those pesky powers out and useless Mars rockets in (what do we need them for anyway?).

We need Mars rockets because it's human nature to explore...to understand.
phoenix rising   06-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:We need Mars rockets because it's human nature to explore...to understand.

Ah yes to explore....to understand..... but geez if it'll keep them out who needs to explore and understand!:out:
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 08:32 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Ah yes to explore....to understand..... but geez if it'll keep them out who needs to explore and understand!:out:

Maybe it's a guy thing.

"Ah... Houston...Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

"Copy you down, Eagle..."
Pages (3):    1 2 3