Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi everybody, I am a long-time RH fan but a brand new poster.

I received today only "By the sword" through Amazon, and I had the surprise (and delight!) to see that is was a limited signed edition. Are those editions scattered among regular books? Has there been a snafu somewhere and I received a book which was not for me? (I was supposed to received it sometime around 1st June, and only delaying messages kept arriving).

I'll be very happy to share my impressions and questions about "By the sword" once I've read it!

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Hi everybody, I am a long-time RH fan but a brand new poster.

I received today only "By the sword" through Amazon, and I had the surprise (and delight!) to see that is was a limited signed edition. Are those editions scattered among regular books? Has there been a snafu somewhere and I received a book which was not for me? (I was supposed to received it sometime around 1st June, and only delaying messages kept arriving).

I'll be very happy to share my impressions and questions about "By the sword" once I've read it!

IT'S MINE, LYSISTRATA! GIVE IT BACK!:nono:

Anyway, welcome to the board. You'll find the gang neat, sweet, and petite.

But isn't your copy the Gauntlet Press edition? Those books are indeed limited and signed.
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Yes, that's it: there is "A Gauntlet Original" at the bottom of the signed page.

I am happy :p

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Yes, that's it: there is "A Gauntlet Original" at the bottom of the signed page.

I am happy :p

You'll be happier yet when you read the book! One of Paul's best...and that hombre's got some beauties to his credit.
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:You'll be happier yet when you read the book! One of Paul's best...and that hombre's got some beauties to his credit.

Started... love those little league collections, they are vindicating. Jack should exist!

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Started... love those little league collections, they are vindicating. Jack should exist!

Yes, Lysistrata, there is a Jack. He exists as surely as love, devotion, and courage exist...
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yes, Lysistrata, there is a Jack. He exists as surely as love, devotion, and courage exist...

Then he should father many children, this world need them...

:yikes: a spear has no branch!

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Then he should father many children, this world need them...

:yikes: a spear has no branch!

Well, Vicky is his daughter. And I wonder if Gia and he would want new children after NIGHTWORLD.
Lysistrata   06-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, Vicky is his daughter. And I wonder if Gia and he would want new children after NIGHTWORLD.

Isn't Vicky the daughter of that nasty Rakoshi-killed Englishman?

Spoiler Nightworld

After Nightworld... well, all options remain open, don't they? Rasalom is dead, many many people are dead as well and maybe earth will need some repopulating, and people have discovered that there were more strange things, Horatio, etc. and this will be a better world?

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Isn't Vicky the daughter of that nasty Rakoshi-killed Englishman?

Spoiler Nightworld

Nightworld... well, all options remain open, don't they? Rasalom is dead, many many people are dead as well and maybe earth will need some repopulating, and people have discovered that there were more strange things, Horatio, etc. and this will be a better world?

I doubt Paul would agree with that~! I asked him back in 12/04, I guess, "How come no post-NIGHTWORLD Jack stories?" "Mike, I left the world in =ruins=. Jack won't have any fix-it jobs. He'll be busy trying to keep himself and Gia and Vicky and his friends =alive=." "Oh...Confusedad:"

And yes, the feckless Englishman Richard Westphalen was Vicky's forebear. But Jack is her =father.=
This post was last modified: 06-23-2008, 07:28 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (3): 1 2 3