Dave   06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
The bad news for Brits is that it is not a remake of the classic Tony Hancock/Sid James sitcom.

However it does look pretty good and the UK premiere happened last night.

Check out this picture, taken before they'd finished setting everything up.

Brings a whole new definition to Big Willy Style. :xd:

Dave
Legion   06-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Around my old area of jersey there is a chain called Canal Liquor. One night I was hangin with my friends who work in a music shop across from one of them and happened to look out the window in time to see the C burn out. It was awesome. None of us had it in us to shop there until the fixed the sign

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Mick C.   06-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Legion Wrote:Around my old area of jersey there is a chain called Canal Liquor. One night I was hangin with my friends who work in a music shop across from one of them and happened to look out the window in time to see the C burn out. It was awesome. None of us had it in us to shop there until the fixed the sign

I remember the joy and exhaltation among my peers when the "G" burnt out on the Black Angus Restaurant sign when I was a kid.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Dave   06-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Mick C. Wrote:I remember the joy and exhaltation among my peers when the "G" burnt out on the Black Angus Restaurant sign when I was a kid.
I have one real for you (or the Brits really), and one I thought should happen.

A youth centre where I live is called the Robert Beard Youth Centre. Someone made a point of messing with some letters so it became the Rupert Bear Youth Centre, hehehe.

The one I wanted to see was a billboard in London. The musical Grease starred two British TV stars, Shane Ritchie and Samantha Janus. I so wanted the 'Ritchie - Janus' billboard to lose their leading letters Smile

Dave
cobalt   06-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Mick C. Wrote:I remember the joy and exhaltation among my peers when the "G" burnt out on the Black Angus Restaurant sign when I was a kid.

We had the same thing happen to the Black Angus here too.....of course we could be talking about the same one....and we're close by each other.....Cool

EWMAN
bones weep tedium   06-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Legion Wrote:Around my old area of jersey there is a chain called Canal Liquor. One night I was hangin with my friends who work in a music shop across from one of them and happened to look out the window in time to see the C burn out. It was awesome. None of us had it in us to shop there until the fixed the sign

How about this: The Happy Hours Amusements Cafe in King's Norton. Not far from where me parents live, though I don't think they'd ever go to eat somewhere like this . . . Wink

Has anybody actually seen Hancock yet? I think it looks ace, but Sorrel thinks it looks pants; anybody else prejudiced enough to form an opinion without seeing the movie? :itsme:
Attached Files
.jpg
semen cafe.jpg (Size: 37.62 KB Downloads: 98)

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Ken Valentine   06-20-2008, 06:25 AM

When I was going to Colorado State College in Greeley, there was a store in town called Ruckers Furniture. Someone brought a ladder by at night, and with paint that matched the background of the sign, changed the "R" into an "F".

It was a couple of weeks before anybody noticed.

Ken V.
bones weep tedium   06-25-2008, 07:09 AM
This thread has as much to do with funnny pictures as it does Hancock, so with that in mind . . . .

[Image: dogcock.gif]

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   06-25-2008, 10:29 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:This thread has as much to do with funnny pictures as it does Hancock, so with that in mind . . . .

[Image: dogcock.gif]

ROTFLMFAO.

Bones, you crack me up.

I think Hancock will be a winner. On par with Hulk.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout