Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Ken Valentine   03-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Animagess Wrote:Whoops, sorry for the age mix-up. Yes, I'm fifteen, female, and I don't have kids. That's probably easily deducible though.

Not that easily!
Once I read your "Bio," I learned that you are 15, but there was nothing to indicate that you're a woman.

Ken - call me 'grandpa' - V.
Ken Valentine   03-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I completely missed the 's attached to year-old so I correctly misread it. Rolleyes

That's my story anyway...

And now I learn that "he" is a "she!"

Hoo da thunk it? Rolleyes

Ken V.
Animagess   03-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Well, I find most people can tell by my user name. Not here, apparently. Back when I had a relatively androgynous username, people generally thought I was a guy though.

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Ken Valentine   03-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Animagess Wrote:Well, I find most people can tell by my user name. Not here, apparently. Back when I had a relatively androgynous username, people generally thought I was a guy though.

I have absolutely no idea what Animagess either is, or means, so there's no way for me to tell. This doesn't mean others here don't know. It just means that I'm clueless.

Ken V.
Biggles   03-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I have absolutely no idea what Animagess either is, or means, so there's no way for me to tell. This doesn't mean others here don't know. It just means that I'm clueless.

Ken V.

Maybe "An Imagess" as in a female artist? A bit obtuse if so, but I get it.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   03-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Biggles Wrote:Maybe "An Imagess" as in a female artist? A bit obtuse if so, but I get it.

That makes sense.
As I understand it, on some sites you can't seperate words. So I gather that it's fairly common for them to be run together.
For example, on one board I sign in as loadandmakeready.
In the above case, I . . . just . . . couldn't . . . see it.

Ken V.
Animagess   03-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Actually, it's just the female version of 'Animage' (an anime/manga magazine). It's a little silly, but I've had it for so long it would just confuse everybody if I changed it.

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Biggles   03-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:That makes sense.
As I understand it, on some sites you can't seperate words. So I gather that it's fairly common for them to be run together.
For example, on one board I sign in as loadandmakeready.
In the above case, I . . . just . . . couldn't . . . see it.

Ken V.

Ah! As in lockandload? I know what you mean. I tried using the handle incrediblyvirilestudmuffin. but there were too many letters. :-(

Biggles   03-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Animagess Wrote:Actually, it's just the female version of 'Animage' (an anime/manga magazine). It's a little silly, but I've had it for so long it would just confuse everybody if I changed it.

Don't EVER worry about confusing (cornfusing) anyone on this board. We are always at least somewhat confused and nothing you say can make it worse. (Gimme an "Amen" here brethren and sistern).

jimbow8   03-19-2004, 04:45 PM
AMEN!!! Preach it, Rev. Biggles!!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (3):    1 2 3