Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Libby   05-25-2008, 12:25 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:The beginning of All The Rage has a scene on the steps of the museum. Jack also crawls through the vent system of ..... forget which building.

That was Legacies.:p He when through the vents of the laww building to find out who Alicia's brother was working for.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Silverfish   05-25-2008, 12:27 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:...Jack also crawls through the vent system of ..... forget which building.

I would suggest not following this particular trail of Jack's.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Libby   05-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Silverfish Wrote:I would suggest not following this particular trail of Jack's.

But that takes away all the FUN!!! Way to ruin it, jeez!!:p

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Silverfish   05-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I humbly apologize. Rolleyes I offer up this link as an alternative to elevator shaft jumping: old thread about this subject.

Stephanie
This post was last modified: 05-25-2008, 12:58 PM by Silverfish.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
jimbow8   05-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Silverfish Wrote:I would suggest not following this particular trail of Jack's.

Hehehe, well, yeah, not that PARTICULAR trail, but the building itself. Just looked; it was the Hand Building.

Here's Paul's response to a similar question asked a few years ago:

fpw Wrote:Here are some of Jack's favorite buildings. The first 2 are international landmarks, but they become a little more obscure -- to out of towners -- after that:

Chrysler Building – E. 42nd

Flat Iron

The old Pythian Club (now apts) - 135 W. 70th

The Level Club (build by Masons) on W. 70th

Hearst Magazine Building - 959 8th Ave. (57th & 8th) 6 stories with urn-topped columns jutting above the roofline at each corner and over the entry arch.

The Radiator Building – 40 W. 40th

Woolworth Building (esp. lobby) 233 broadway

Sherry-Netherland Hotel – 781 5th

Jefferson Market Courthouse – 6th Ave & 10th

NY Yacht Club – W. 44th (the windows look like the stern of a galleon)

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
sandman   06-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks again for all of the suggestions for Jack's places in NYC. We had lunch at Lucille's, walked Jack's neighborhood, went into the Chrysler Building lobby, and had a lot of fun at the Ear Inn. The Ear is a great pub BTW - looked a lot like Julio's is described (sans plants of any sort). Cheers to all!

-- Sandman
bones weep tedium   06-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Maggers Wrote:Down the block there is a doctor's office with a shingle outside proclaiming the practice of DR. MARY WILSON, who is, of course, Mrs. F. Paul Wilson. Mary's not a doctor; we all know Paul is, so I found that office sign hilarious.

So she's pretending? :confused:

Really?

Do you mean that it's just a coincidence?

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   06-05-2008, 12:36 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:So she's pretending? :confused:

Really?

Do you mean that it's just a coincidence?

It was a delightful coincidence. It's also no longer there. I walked by last week and the building is under construction with signs about a new urology center being built. So Dr. Mary Wilson (no relation to Mrs. Mary Wilson, spouse of Dr. F. Paul Wilson) has moved elsewhere.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Grand Guignol   06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Sandman, I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. I like touring areas I read about as well.

How Grand was my Guignol?
BK Akitas   06-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Wasn't the Dakota building mentioned also? I seem to recall it since I think a lot about an RJ/Pendergast crossover story and AXP lives in the Dakota....

dammit, back into my books now to create a list of places....

how about the coin shop?
some of the restaurants?

and yeah yeah yeah, I know I've been MIA...sorry ya'll. gloriously happy these days and maybe even in L.............nope, not gonna jinx it by saying it

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Pages (3):    1 2 3