Pages (2): 1 2   
RAread   05-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Does anybody know of a cool 1280x1024 Repairman Jack desktop wallpaper?
Wapitikev   05-09-2008, 08:55 AM
RAread Wrote:Does anybody know of a cool 1280x1024 Repairman Jack desktop wallpaper?

Don't know of any, but if I can get one to look good enough I'll post it here for review. Maybe Bones has one...he has RJ smilies that he's finishing up.

-Wapitikev

PS - Your avatar reminds me of Hitman. Nice. Welcome to the board. -W

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Schwinn160   05-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I'd like to use the pic at Borderlands press that shows the spines of the Adversary Cycle.

http://www.borderlandspress.com/adversary.html

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
Wapitikev   05-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Schwinn160 Wrote:I'd like to use the pic at Borderlands press that shows the spines of the Adversary Cycle.

http://www.borderlandspress.com/adversary.html

That one's pretty spooky...the big question I have is that all the existing graphics are copyright by someone.

This is making me lean towards creating my own, original wallpaper which, while it will use existing Jack themes and may homage some Jack graphics, will at least be an original work...which I would then waive the copyright for and give it away to other FPW fans.

It might be nice to hear FPW's thoughts on this topic. Before things get too far along.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
RAread   05-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the reply, sorry it took so long to get back to you, been busy, got distracted by life.... Anyway guys thanks for the replies, gonna check out those links right now.

PS- Wapitikev, you guessed it, my Avatar is from Hitman, used to love the game, thought it was kinda fitting
fpw   05-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:That one's pretty spooky...the big question I have is that all the existing graphics are copyright by someone.

This is making me lean towards creating my own, original wallpaper which, while it will use existing Jack themes and may homage some Jack graphics, will at least be an original work...which I would then waive the copyright for and give it away to other FPW fans.

It might be nice to hear FPW's thoughts on this topic. Before things get too far along.

-Wapitikev

[SIZE="3"]Caniglia's Borderlands Press spine is something he's selling separately, so that's questionable. The thing is, for private use as wallpaper, I'd think most anything is fair game. If it's online to be viewed on your computer screen, then you're doing just that if you make it wallpaper. If you start to offer it to others, however, you might be on shaky ground. Certainly all book covers are fair game -- using them is a form of promotion and no publisher is going to complain about that.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Wapitikev   05-24-2008, 12:00 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Caniglia's Borderlands Press spine is something he's selling separately, so that's questionable. The thing is, for private use as wallpaper, I'd think most anything is fair game. If it's online to be viewed on your computer screen, then you're doing just that if you make it wallpaper. If you start to offer it to others, however, you might be on shaky ground. Certainly all book covers are fair game -- using them is a form of promotion and no publisher is going to complain about that.[/SIZE]

The style I was thinking of borrowing heavily from is the novels (with the silhouette of Jack and the black bar across the middle).

I realize that the covers are promotional, and that any art created by the publisher's staff is copyright the publisher, so it is good to know that they are likely not to care (too much).

I definitely wasn't going to make a copy of Caniglia's work...if I was interested in a wallpaper of his painting, I would contact Caniglia and see if he will sell me one (so I'm recommending to RAread that he do so if he still wants one of that picture...mine wasn't going to look anything like it).

Having said all that, volunteering for the Wiki project has consumed a fair bit of my free time and I haven't even come close to starting on my own wallpaper, yet.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev   06-26-2008, 04:54 AM
Here's a draft of two wallpapers, both 1280x1024. I took the night off and slapped these together with Corel Draw and Corel Photopaint.

Both use my own personal choice for the Repairman Jack Movie Title and photos I edited from Flickr.com.

There will be other designs after these.

Draft 1:

.jpg
RJ1280-1024thumb.jpg (Size: 28.6 KB Downloads: 689)

Draft2:

.jpg
RJ-2-1280-1024thumb.jpg (Size: 21.91 KB Downloads: 652)

Hope these satisfy for now.

If anyone wants full size versions, PM me with your e-mail address or e-mail me a request for the one you like. I'll send the full sized version to you, directly.

-Wapitikev

Silverfish   06-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Nice! They look great.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Wapitikev   06-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Here's draft 3.

.jpg
RJ 3 1280x1024thumb.jpg (Size: 26.05 KB Downloads: 514)

There may not be as many of these as I thought I could do at first...I am having trouble finding quality pictures of the NY skyline that are as wide as a computer screen...which means I am either going to have to redesign to make some fit or give up...for now...and my available time right now makes me lean towards the latter.

Also, I am trying out a new "Jack inthe circle graphic"

Hope you enjoy this one.

-Wapitikev

Pages (2): 1 2