Alvin Fox   05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I think we can all agree that Scientology is the main inspiration. However, I'm refering to when Cooper Blascoe first started it in Northern California in '68 and it was just about money, women and drugs. Since first reading Crisscross I've learned of a religion... okay, cult... called The Family International or Children of God. Started in Huntington Beach, California (yeah, yeah, Southern California) in '68. They gain converts by Flirty Fishing (or FFing). Which is, they have sex with people to convert them. Which, I think, is what Blascoe would have wanted. :p

Or I could be completely off.
fpw   05-02-2008, 09:05 AM
[SIZE="3"]There were a number of these in California in the sixties. This particular group is new to me.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   05-02-2008, 09:16 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:I think we can all agree that Scientology is the main inspiration. However, I'm refering to when Cooper Blascoe first started it in Northern California in '68 and it was just about money, women and drugs. Since first reading Crisscross I've learned of a religion... okay, cult... called The Family International or Children of God. Started in Huntington Beach, California (yeah, yeah, Southern California) in '68. They gain converts by Flirty Fishing (or FFing). Which is, they have sex with people to convert them. Which, I think, is what Blascoe would have wanted. :p

Or I could be completely off.

Alvin, once we discussed about it. Check this link.

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...rmentalism

But, well....any of cults are all alike. Sex, drugs, money.....geez! Now it reminded me of Aum Shinrikyo! :eek:
Alvin Fox   05-03-2008, 05:51 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]There were a number of these in California in the sixties. This particular group is new to me.[/SIZE]

I was just wondering, since they like to use acronyms as well. Not just the 'FF' but different acronym/ names for different levels of members. Or wikipedia just makes everything into an acronym for its own hellish enjoyment.

Kenji Wrote:Alvin, once we discussed about it. Check this link.

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...rmentalism

But, well....any of cults are all alike. Sex, drugs, money.....geez! Now it reminded me of Aum Shinrikyo! :eek:

Thanks Kenji, I did search for it first. That's why I made sure to get the Scientology part out of the way. I just thought I was onto something.

BTW, I recently joined Robert McCammon's message board. Is that you over there as well?