Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Libby   04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
fpw Wrote:You're looking at only half of the equation.

Paul R Wrote:Does that mean the other half of the equation is something derived from Anya's surname? Infuriatingly, all my books are packed so I'm unable to have a look to see what it is. Anyone know?

(And keep up the good work Libby, I think you may be star pupil at the moment!)
Thanks.

Wapitikev Wrote:Check the Dog's name...Irving. That's another 1/2 of the equation.

-Wapitikev
I was just thinking that.Big Grin Irving means hansome and fair, plus freash water, according to my source. Hmmm... Freash water is on Earth, is there another meaning?:confused: I don't have Crisscross, so what was Herta's dog's name?

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
webby   05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Libby Wrote:I was just thinking that.Big Grin Irving means hansome and fair, plus freash water, according to my source. Hmmm... Freash water is on Earth, is there another meaning?:confused: I don't have Crisscross, so what was Herta's dog's name?

Something else for you to think about (I posted this thought ages ago so I'll repeat it for all the new folks): What if the reason the women have dogs as companions is because they became too conspicuous with cats ... Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Libby   05-01-2008, 05:56 PM
webby Wrote:Something else for you to think about (I posted this thought ages ago so I'll repeat it for all the new folks): What if the reason the women have dogs as companions is because they became too conspicuous with cats ... Wink

Ahhhhh...that makes sense. If that is true, though, why the rivalry between cats and dogs? I am pretty sure that the dogs can shape-shift if need be, though not constantly, so it's not jelousey. Cats are animals that confuse me: both Glaeken and Jack move like big cats, but cats are more evil then most animals(with the exeption of primatesBig Grin), and can more easily see them as agents of the Otherness than of the Ladies.

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
webby   05-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Libby Wrote:Ahhhhh...that makes sense. If that is true, though, why the rivalry between cats and dogs? I am pretty sure that the dogs can shape-shift if need be, though not constantly, so it's not jelousey. Cats are animals that confuse me: both Glaeken and Jack move like big cats, but cats are more evil then most animals(with the exeption of primatesBig Grin), and can more easily see them as agents of the Otherness than of the Ladies.

[Image: lolcatsdotcommr66uy3v4hahmpc6.jpg]

Cats are not evil, just sometimes misunderstood. Wink

Cats would not be agents of the Otherness. They are as peaceful as any of Mother Earth's other children. Also the biggest rivalry between cats and dogs is the one in cartoons. In real life they get along fine if they live in the same house (generally speaking).

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Libby   05-01-2008, 08:47 PM
webby Wrote:[Image: lolcatsdotcommr66uy3v4hahmpc6.jpg]

Cats are not evil, just sometimes misunderstood. Wink

Cats would not be agents of the Otherness. They are as peaceful as any of Mother Earth's other children. Also the biggest rivalry between cats and dogs is the one in cartoons. In real life they get along fine if they live in the same house (generally speaking).

Well, our dogs (I think) have some wolf in them, which may explain why they hate cats so much. And yeah, walking a cat would attract too much attention.Smile As for the cats are not evil thing, maybe your's aren't, but many others are. I am refering to demostocated cats, I love the big wild ones.Big Grin I have a cat that my over 100 pound dogs are terrified of. They don't dare go near her. If a human touches her she attaks them. I picked her up once (don't ask me why) and she lifted up her paws, dug her claws into my head, pulled it down, and started biting my nose.:eek: True story. Also note that I said more evil than most other creatures. That doesn't mean they are all bad, but that the bad part is bigger in cats than in most other animals. Some cats are nice, though.
This post was last modified: 05-01-2008, 08:49 PM by Libby.

BK Akitas   05-01-2008, 10:51 PM
ah, Noobs......... Smile

which reminds me- made another convert! and not that thieving chicka at the mail boxes etc. buddy of mine! he's starting All The Rage now Smile

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Libby   05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:ah, Noobs......... Smile

which reminds me- made another convert! and not that thieving chicka at the mail boxes etc. buddy of mine! he's starting All The Rage now Smile

That was a good one. I loved the tires.Smile

Wapitikev   05-01-2008, 10:59 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:ah, Noobs......... Smile

I love teasing my acquaintances with little hints like, "Jack would never do that"
or, "Sounds like Jack."

So far, one friend has read all the Jack titles and short stories since Christmas (except for Secret Histories...our library doesn't have it yet) and we are both working on getting another friend roped-in.

...but FPW makes it almost too easy.

Jack for President!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Libby   05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I love teasing my acquaintances with little hints like, "Jack would never do that"
or, "Sounds like Jack."

So far, one friend has read all the Jack titles and short stories since Christmas (except for Secret Histories...our library doesn't have it yet) and we are both working on getting another friend roped-in.

...but FPW makes it almost too easy.

Jack for President!

-Wapitikev
For Canada, or the USA? Doesn't Canada have a Prime Minister?

Wapitikev   05-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Libby Wrote:For Canada, or the USA? Doesn't Canada have a Prime Minister?

Canada has a PM, but since Jack lives in NY and was born, presumably in NJ, I thought that the US centric battle-cry would be apropos.

Smile

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5