Pages (22):    1 18 19 20 21 22   
GeraldRice   06-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey, I saw a video of the FSM on Youtube. That was real.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
bones weep tedium   06-13-2008, 10:11 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Hey, I saw a video of the FSM on Youtube. That was real.

FSM? Elaborate s'il vous plait, you cheeky-acronym-typing-monkey you!

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:FSM? Elaborate s'il vous plait, you cheeky-acronym-typing-monkey you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3jiIW1wl_g

Could this be it? And what does it have to do with LOST? :confused: Unless Gerald is referring to Jimbow's avatar.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   06-14-2008, 02:40 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:FSM? Elaborate s'il vous plait, you cheeky-acronym-typing-monkey you!

Flying Spaghetti Monster, Pastafarianism. It's a concept started to refute creationism being taught in school science classes.

Open Letter To Kansas School Board
This post was last modified: 06-14-2008, 02:54 AM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
colburn0004   06-14-2008, 06:40 PM
The big thing that has been bugging me since the seasons end is A) how does locke get off the island? and B) they mention somewhere I thaught last season that Jeremy Bentham dies in a nyc penthouse. I could be completely wrong on where he died but could it have been the penthouse that micheal was taken to, to be convinced to work for ben? And if so does that mean that he was still in with the others and they had another way off the island besides "moving" it and besides the blown up submarine?

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Marc   06-14-2008, 08:38 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:A) how does locke get off the island?

Ben managed to get off the island fairly easily with the sub. Maybe they have another sub or boat or maybe John moves the island again.
Maggers   06-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Ben managed to get off the island fairly easily with the sub. Maybe they have another sub or boat or maybe John moves the island again.

Given that we could never have guessed the existence of the frozen donkey wheel and the gazillion other unique and unusual LOST events that have happened over the past 4 years, I am sure we'll be shown yet another way that Locke got off the Island about which we could never know.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   07-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I started watching Season 3 again. I must admit that the episode "Flashes Before Your Eyes" made little sense on first viewing, all the talk of fate and such. But after seeing Season 4's "The Constant," it all made perfect sense to me: the talk of fate and time travel; Desmond's references to the island and talk with Mr Widmore; and especially the parts with Ms. Hawking. The flashbacks all made sense finally ..... because they weren't flashbacks at all. God, I love this show. I can't wait 'til February.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   07-28-2008, 12:00 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I started watching Season 3 again. I must admit that the episode "Flashes Before Your Eyes" made little sense on first viewing, all the talk of fate and such. But after seeing Season 4's "The Constant," it all made perfect sense to me: the talk of fate and time travel; Desmond's references to the island and talk with Mr Widmore; and especially the parts with Ms. Hawking. The flashbacks all made sense finally ..... because they weren't flashbacks at all. God, I love this show. I can't wait 'til February.

There're a lot of episodes like that, Jim, though none quite so relevant as "Flashes Before Your Eyes." That's also the episode where I first saw proof of Widmore's knowledge of the island - a huge painting in his office with a polar bear and a jungle and "Namaste" spelled backwards written on the top.

But that's why I find reviewing episodes to be helpful. You can see links everywhere.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sigokat   07-28-2008, 03:40 AM
I've been rewatching alot of episodes as well, but frankly I find Desmond's character extremely boring and I think "The Constant" was highly overrated.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I'll keep sticking with Ben because the more I watch the more I know he is one of the good guys and things are finally going to get serious in the next 2 seasons. I just wish he would kill Jack and the rest of the Losties (well except Sawyer, Hurley, and Locke) and be done with them instead of focusing on Penny. But now he needs them to get back to the Island...god I hate Jack and Kate and Sayid and Sun etc. etc.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (22):    1 18 19 20 21 22