Pages (3): 1 2 3   
lexator222   04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Hey, gang,
What would you think about a venue for "Repairman Jack" fan fiction?

Just curious,

Lexator
Maggers   04-18-2008, 09:04 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Hey, gang,
What would you think about a venue for "Repairman Jack" fan fiction?

Just curious,

Lexator

I imagine you could do so elsewhere, but The Man has to shut down such threads here due to legal issues.

See this thread:
http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...post147706

But don't let me speak for Paul. Let's ask Paul, himself.
This post was last modified: 04-19-2008, 12:14 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

lexator222   04-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Interesting.....but what about the 42,000 fan stories from "Harry Potter"? And we all know about how JK Rowling feels about copyright, right? Heheheh

Lexator
Ken Valentine   04-19-2008, 03:40 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Interesting.....but what about the 42,000 fan stories from "Harry Potter"? And we all know about how JK Rowling feels about copyright, right? Heheheh

Lexator

So, what are you saying? That there are 42,000 infringements on J.K. Rowlings copyrights? I wouldn't doubt it. There are a lot of shit-birds out there who want to do what they want to do, whether or not they violate anyone else's rights or step on somebody else's toes to do so.

As for me, regardless of copyright laws, I respect the wishes of FPW. And if he doesn't want fan fiction based on his characters, that's good enough for me.

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 04-19-2008, 03:42 PM by Ken Valentine.
Maggers   04-19-2008, 03:42 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Interesting.....but what about the 42,000 fan stories from "Harry Potter"? And we all know about how JK Rowling feels about copyright, right? Heheheh

Lexator

What do Rowlings feelings and her lawsuit, which only emphasizes Paul's point, have to do with what FPW wants on his board? We're all here because of him, and I, for one, respect his wishes.
This post was last modified: 04-21-2008, 02:24 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   04-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:...As for me, regardless of copyright laws, I respect the wishes of FPW. And if he doesn't want fan fiction based on his characters, that's good enough for me.

Ken V.

OMG, Ken, first you and Dave are posting similar thoughts, now it's you and me. Be afraid, be very afraid! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   04-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Maggers Wrote:OMG, Ken, first you and Dave are posting similar thoughts, now it's you and me. Be afraid, be very afraid! Big Grin

The part about all this that makes me nervous is; which adage holds true here: "Great minds follow similar paths," or "all fools think alike." Big Grin

Seriously though; we have both met FPW, we like him personally and we like his stories. We respect him as both an individual and a writer. To create "fan fiction" against his wishes is a slap in the face.

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 04-19-2008, 04:09 PM by Ken Valentine.
lexator222   04-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey, I would have to agree whole-heartedly with Ken, sorry for causing all this trouble, but I just cannot get enough of RJ, ya know what I mean? I would love to see some "Abe" stories, and some other stuff, different angles on the whole RJ situation. But far be it from me to want to slap anyone in the face, much less than the creator himself! :-o

Lexator
Ken Valentine   04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Hey, I would have to agree whole-heartedly with Ken, sorry for causing all this trouble, but I just cannot get enough of RJ, ya know what I mean? I would love to see some "Abe" stories, and some other stuff, different angles on the whole RJ situation. But far be it from me to want to slap anyone in the face, much less than the creator himself! :-o

Lexator

We would ALL like more RJ, but there are only 24 hours in a day, and there's only one of FPW. Good writing takes time.

'Sides, from what I've seen of fan fiction, it's not worth reading. I'd rather wait for the real thing.

Ken V.
Alvin Fox   04-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:'Sides, from what I've seen of fan fiction, it's not worth reading. I'd rather wait for the real thing.

That line ends this.
Pages (3): 1 2 3