Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6   
Wapitikev   04-11-2008, 01:32 AM
It is generally accepted that Hollywood is remaking too many movies.

Since there seems to be little we can do to discourage them from their folly, I was curious to see if the Board Members had any suggestions on movies that should be remade but have not been, as of yet.

My first suggestion is one I mentioned elsewhere (I think it was the Who Will Direct... thread):

John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness-the special effects in this movie were soooo bad, and the acting wasn't much better...and yet I still find the movie extremely creepy.

...and then of course:

The Keep-need I elaborate?

Any other remakes that would be a good idea?

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
bones weep tedium   04-11-2008, 04:34 AM
I am so sick of saying that the HIGHLANDER needs a remake and nothing happening about it that I have decided to do concept art for it for my final project for uni. I'll post some of my work in here once my exhibition is out of the way.

It's got an awesome storyline, but has dated horrendously badly. The 80s music video visuals and the obtrusive Queen soundtrack make the film abysmal.

The sequels and spin off TV series and TV movies have done two things: 1) They have contradicted and perverted the canon storyline, to the point that any future sequels would have to ignore what's gone before them 2) they have proven that there is still a good cult interest in the story.

If they could avoid any other dunder-headed contradictions by doing a re-boot instead of a sequel, and do it well, they would add some more mainstream fans to the hardcore cult fanbase.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Kenji   04-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Midnight Mass should be remade!

All actors & actress's acting was cheesy. Especially the script was terrible. They messed up everything.

Of course, "THE KEEP",too. I believe Guillermo Del Toro can remake "THE KEEP" perfectly.
Miskatonic & Gin   04-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness-the special effects in this movie were soooo bad, and the acting wasn't much better...and yet I still find the movie extremely creepy.
-Wapitikev

I love POD. One of Carpenter's last great films. We need to stop remaking JCs films. First it was Assault on Precinct 13, then The Fog, Then Halloween - they all sucked. Now they're remaking Escape From New York - it will suck. If they remake POD it will suck too. Now they're thinking about remaking The Thing. Leave JCs films alone!

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Kenji   04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:I love POD. One of Carpenter's last great films. We need to stop remaking JCs films. First it was Assault on Precinct 13, then The Fog, Then Halloween - they all sucked. Now they're remaking Escape From New York - it will suck. If they remake POD it will suck too. Now they're thinking about remaking The Thing. Leave JCs films alone!

I totally agree. Wink

But Assault on Precinct 13 was not bad.
bones weep tedium   04-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:I love POD. One of Carpenter's last great films. We need to stop remaking JCs films. First it was Assault on Precinct 13, then The Fog, Then Halloween - they all sucked. Now they're remaking Escape From New York - it will suck. If they remake POD it will suck too. Now they're thinking about remaking The Thing. Leave JCs films alone!

The remakes of John Carpenters's best films are even worse than John Carpenter's recent films! :p

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
NickelobLight   04-11-2008, 05:05 PM
How about The Great Escape? I love that movie. The only thing is they would HAVE to keep the theme music.

Remake The Howling. Not a bad werewolf movies for being from the early '80's. Better yet, why not Ghostbusters? Oh my God, with our special effects today, it would be awesome! Problem is, who could replace Bill Murray?

I would like to see an updated To Kill a Mockingbird. It's probably the only book I remember from high school that I enjoyed.

They could remake Daredevil, but make it...you know...good.

I'd also like to see more zombie movies. I love zombie movies, the best one being, of course, Shawn of the Dead. One of the greatest movies ever made in my humble opinion.

A remake of The Mummy? It would be great! You could have that fella from Encino Man be the main character, and get that attractive lady from Constantine, (who had a HORRIBLE American accent), to play his love interest...oh wait a minute.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
jimbow8   04-11-2008, 08:55 PM

[SIZE="6"]AMEN!!![/SIZE]

What's next? They Live? Christine?

Or god forbid ... Big Trouble in Little China ? (they could scrap that title song, though)

Actually, I could stand them remaking Vampire$ more like the book....

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Belasco   04-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Richard Matheson's book "Hell House" was made into a film in the 70's called "The Legend of Hell House". Not bad, but definitely dated and didn't hit on nearly enough of the scandalous details of the novel. Since "I Am Legend" did so well at the box office (though, I still find it a very poor adaptation), I'm hoping more Matheson properties get on the fast-track. "Hell House" would be an ideal remake - it actually NEEDS to be re-made and be utterly sacrilegious as the novel this time.
Wapitikev   04-12-2008, 12:23 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:...the obtrusive Queen soundtrack make the film abysmal.

[SIZE="7"]BLASPHEMER!!![/SIZE]

May the gods of rock spare you...you know not what you say.

Who Wants to Live Forever
Princes of the Universe
Give Me the Prize

...what's not to love about those songs?!

bones weep tedium Wrote:I am so sick of saying that the HIGHLANDER needs a remake...I have decided to do concept art for it for my final project for uni.

Good luck on those UNIs, Bones, I look forward to you posting the best bits on your Art Blog. Cool

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 04-12-2008, 12:33 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6