Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
phoenix rising   04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Just saw a notice that the classic T.V. Show is being made into a movie. Anybody know about this?????
Schwinn160   04-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Steve Carell as Max. Looks like it will be funny!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425061/

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
Kenji   04-07-2008, 05:12 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Just saw a notice that the classic T.V. Show is being made into a movie. Anybody know about this?????

A long time ago I saw original TV series and I really liked it.

To me, Don Adams is Max Smart, not Steve Carell.
Al-Dog   04-07-2008, 07:05 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Just saw a notice that the classic T.V. Show is being made into a movie. Anybody know about this?????
I’ve know for at least a year or so. Sorry I didn’t tell you about it.

From now on I promise no more secrets. Ok?
phoenix rising   04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Al-Dog Wrote:I’ve know for at least a year or so. Sorry I didn’t tell you about it.

From now on I promise no more secrets. Ok?

Oh really, no more secrets? So what else have you been hiding????????
Al-Dog   04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Oh really, no more secrets? So what else have you been hiding????????
I meant from this point forward. The past is the past.
DogWoman   04-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes--Don Adams _is_ Maxwell Smart.

Steve Carell's kind of run his course, hasn't he? I loved him on The Daily Show, but he's gone over the top on The Office and his movies have been dreadful.

Unless Mel Brooks is writing the screenplay, I wouldn't be interested in seeing this.

The present state of the world is not the proof of philosophy’s impotence, but the proof of philosophy’s power. It is philosophy that has brought men to this state—it is only philosophy that can lead them out.

Ayn Rand, “For the New Intellectual,” For the New Intellectual, 50.
phoenix rising   04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Al-Dog Wrote:I meant from this point forward. The past is the past.

Darn it!!!! I was hoping you would fess up to something.......Sad
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-09-2008, 10:53 AM

The tv show was fun, but it took a lot of its power from the Bond movies that were the rage back then. I wonder if it can live without that context.:confused:
Sigokat   04-09-2008, 02:32 PM
The Rock is in this movie.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4