Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   04-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Just now I heard the news Charlton Heston died. Sad

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/04/06/heston.dead/

I liked his "Ben-Hur", "Planet of the Apes", and "Soylent Green".

RIP
DogWoman   04-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Kenji Wrote:Just now I heard the news Charlton Heston died. Sad

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/04/06/heston.dead/

I liked his "Ben-Hur", "Planet of the Apes", and "Soylent Green".

RIP

I love "Planet of the Apes", and in spite of the fact I'm an atheist, I'm a sucker for Biblical epics.

RIP indeed.

The present state of the world is not the proof of philosophy’s impotence, but the proof of philosophy’s power. It is philosophy that has brought men to this state—it is only philosophy that can lead them out.

Ayn Rand, “For the New Intellectual,” For the New Intellectual, 50.
RichE   04-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Intelligent, Class, Political Activist - He put his career on the line and Marched with Dr. Martin Luther King in 1961 and stood for many liberal causes, even though he was a conservative. He will be missed and I do not see another taking his place. A real gentleman!

Also-Actress Jane Wyman has just died at age 93. Another loss from the Hollywood Golden Age!
cobalt   04-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Sad indeed. A stand up kind of guy, activist and well liked all around I believe.

EWMAN
Wapitikev   04-06-2008, 01:50 PM
A sad time. I didn't agree with his NRA politics but I also do not feel that a person should be judged by one part of their overall life. Mr. Heston will be missed.

[black armband on]

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
bones weep tedium   04-08-2008, 05:39 AM
[SIZE="5"]Heston's Gun Control Criterion Met![/SIZE]
by Steve Brodner
[Image: HestonComesOutforGunControl.jpg]

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:
[SIZE="5"]Heston's Gun Control Criterion Met![/SIZE]
by Steve Brodner
[Image: HestonComesOutforGunControl.jpg]

Ouch.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Ken Valentine   04-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't quite understand what that cartoon means.

As president of the NRA, he was still proud of his support of the Gun Control Act of 1968. Which -- as some of you may know -- was copied from the NAZI Weapons Law of 1938.

This pretty well describes him:

http://www.scottbieser.com/ak_heston.html

Ken V.
bones weep tedium   04-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I don't quite understand what that cartoon means.

Ken V.

Have you seen Michael Moore's Bowling For Columbine? In it, Heston is dramatically introduced with the line, "From my cold dead hand!" whilst raising a rifle over his head. That's the blue(cold) hands coming out of the grave at the bottom of the cartoon. In Planet Of The Apes, human beingd were oppressed by evil monkeys - that explains the little bastard jeering with the rifle he's just snatched from Heston's grave.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Ken Valentine   04-12-2008, 01:42 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Have you seen Michael Moore's Bowling For Columbine? In it, Heston is dramatically introduced with the line, "From my cold dead hand!" whilst raising a rifle over his head.

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, the rifle he raised over his head was a flintlock.

As Scott Bieser said, "So piss on him!"

I agree.

Ken V.
Pages (2): 1 2