Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
Legion   03-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Was curious, as it seems a good many of us are also fans of the Preston/Child Pendergast novels. I know that it's been brought up from time to time that one or another of us would love to see the team up of Jack with A.X.L. Pendergast given the locations being both NYC and the contrast of the two characters.

Since P/C already work as a team I could imagine that a crossover might not be too dificult, at least form the collaboration angle.

So, anyway to cut my rambling short, Paul, has the thought of approaching P/C on such a venture ( or vice versa) ever come into your mind as a serious thought?

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Schwinn160   03-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I remember him writing something in another thread about collaborations being very difficult.

I'd personally have a hard time, because I (for some crazy reason) like my own ideas more than others'. Big Grin

Thanks for the tipoff to the other authors though, I'm always trolling for new books! Smile
fpw   03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
[SIZE="3"]A crossover won't happen, but it would have inherent dramatic tension in that Pendergast is an agent of the state and Jack is a career criminal. Make for an interesting ethical bind if he has to deal with Jack. Kind makes me want to invent a Pendergast of my own and throw the two together.

Hmmm...[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
RichE   03-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Start Inventing And Start Writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schwinn160   03-25-2008, 03:41 PM
This discussion reminds me of the latest Supernatural episode. The two brothers (living off credit card scams outside the law like someone we know) match wits with the FBI agent that's been hunting them for quite a while.

5 points for plugging Supernatural (http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural) in a non-related conversation. Big Grin
mkmfpwfan   03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I agree that it would be interesting, but not sure it would work with Pendargast, now D'Agausta on the other hand, he was always a fave of mine and yes even though he is a cop, I think he would be more willing to bend the rules then Aloyious P would. Schwinn, if you decide to read P and C, I would start with Cabinets of Curosities,(or any works prior to that) it showcases their talents as writers much better than any of the latter works does, to me.
Schwinn160   03-25-2008, 04:21 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:Schwinn, if you decide to read P and C, I would start with Cabinets of Curosities,(or any works prior to that) it showcases their talents as writers much better than any of the latter works does, to me.

Thanks for the tip!
Fenian1916   03-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Relic is a very good read and an almost unbearable movie. The book's sequel Reliquary was also quite a good read.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
mkmfpwfan   03-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Very true Finian, Relic was very good. In fact, after I posted yesterday I thought about it last night and decided that if I was on a deserted island and I had all the slots filled with my FPW selections and I had two spaces left for a P and C, what would I fill them with? I figured that would be C of C and then Still life with Crows and then for good measure I would strap on Relic as a shoe and the other shoe would be Richard Preston's book(Douglas's brother), the Cobra Event. Man you ought to see the book hat I am building to wear to my fantasy island...lol. Smile Keri
mkmfpwfan   03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]A crossover won't happen, but it would have inherent dramatic tension in that Pendergast is an agent of the state and Jack is a career criminal. Make for an interesting ethical bind if he has to deal with Jack. Kind makes me want to invent a Pendergast of my own and throw the two together.

Hmmm...[/SIZE]

How about if Jack meets up with a detective like Monk with his extereme sensitivity to germs. He can assist him on different things. Jack can't just shrug the guy off since he seems to know some things about the one not to be named-----Mark
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4