Scott Miller   03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I took my kids to see this yesterday and it was pretty cool. The creatures are fantastic looking, the acting solid, the story so-so. No need to rush out to see it, but you could do a lot worse.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
phoenix rising   03-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I took my kids to see this yesterday and it was pretty cool. The creatures are fantastic looking, the acting solid, the story so-so. No need to rush out to see it, but you could do a lot worse.

Was not planning on seeing it personally. I have been so bogged down by children's entertainment lately it feels like my brain is melting.Big Grin
SickThing   03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
I took my kids to see it in IMAX a few weeks ago. Scott's description says what I thought about it, too.
Kenji   05-03-2008, 04:34 AM
Today I saw The Spiderwick Chronicles.

It was not better than "Pan's Labyrinth" or "Bridge to Terabithia", but I enjoyed it. I didn't expect acting, but special effect by Phil Tippet! That's the one reason I enjoyed it. And beautiful score by James Horner....what's need more? Wink
Libby   05-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today I saw The Spiderwick Chronicles.

It was not better than "Pan's Labyrinth" or "Bridge to Terabithia", but I enjoyed it. I didn't expect acting, but special effect by Phil Tippet! That's the one reason I enjoyed it. And beautiful score by James Horner....what's need more? Wink

It sound good, but both Pans Labrinth and Bridge to Terabithia are very sad. I put them with the book Where the Red Fern Grows. Is The Spiderwick Cronicals that sad, too?

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Scott Miller   05-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Libby Wrote:Is The Spiderwick Cronicals that sad, too?

It is not.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Libby   05-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:It is not.

OK, good.Smile Maybe I should watch it.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Kenji   05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Libby Wrote:It sound good, but both Pans Labrinth and Bridge to Terabithia are very sad. I put them with the book Where the Red Fern Grows. Is The Spiderwick Cronicals that sad, too?

Yes, but "Pans Labrinth" and "Bridge to Terabithia" were very touching story and memorable. I won't forget them.