Pages (2): 1 2   
Legion   03-06-2008, 10:30 PM
I got fed up with getting bill collectors and screwed up phone bills so I opted outta my phone plan and opened up a prepaid account... Under the Name John Tyleski.

Couldn't help it.

Now I will never get another Bill collection call or anything from several stalkers I accumulated over the years.

Now I truly understand Jacks sense of freedom. Living under assumed names is great.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
RichE   03-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm gonna have to try that using Abe Grossman!
Hey Paul! What's the exact adress of the Isher Sports Shop?
mkmfpwfan   03-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I back in the 80's filled out a JC Penny's card with only information that could be obtained from Dudley Moore's Arthur Bach charactor as a bet. Six weeks later a card came in the mail with a huge credit limit like 2k. I never used it. I showed the folks who I was working with at the time Sears credit. We all had a great laugh.The bosses said that Sear's credit checking program would catch this obvious fraud. Six weeks later I was issued a Sears credit card using information only found on Greatest american hero Ralph Hinkley. Suprisingly they were not amused at Sears--------Mark
Ken Valentine   03-09-2008, 09:43 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:I back in the 80's filled out a JC Penny's card with only information that could be obtained from Dudley Moore's Arthur Bach charactor as a bet. Six weeks later a card came in the mail with a huge credit limit like 2k. I never used it. I showed the folks who I was working with at the time Sears credit. We all had a great laugh.The bosses said that Sear's credit checking program would catch this obvious fraud. Six weeks later I was issued a Sears credit card using information only found on Greatest american hero Ralph Hinkley. Suprisingly they were not amused at Sears--------Mark

Years ago, I subscribed to a magazine that got my address wrong -- wrong, but still deliverable. It wasn't long before I started to get all manner of solicitations with that same wrong address. In short, the magazine had sold my mailing address.

Out of curiosity -- to see what other magazines sold my mailing address, and who they sold them too -- my wife and I started to use different names/ initials when we subscribed to something, and kept track of them.

At that time we were sailing, and had a cat named Lamb Chop -- Lamber for short, although she thought her full name was LAMB-CHOP-GET-OUT-OF-THERE -- and we subscribed to Cruising World Magazine under the name L.C. Valentine. About six months later we received an offer for an American Express Gold Card addressed to L.C. Valentine. We had a good laugh about that. We laughed even harder when a few weeks later we received an offer for an American Express Green Card addressed to me!

They must have thought that the cat had a better credit rating than I did. Rolleyes

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 03-09-2008, 09:46 PM by Ken Valentine.
mkmfpwfan   03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Years ago, I subscribed to a magazine that got my address wrong -- wrong, but still deliverable. It wasn't long before I started to get all manner of solicitations with that same wrong address. In short, the magazine had sold my mailing address.

Out of curiosity -- to see what other magazines sold my mailing address, and who they sold them too -- my wife and I started to use different names/ initials when we subscribed to something, and kept track of them.

At that time we were sailing, and had a cat named Lamb Chop -- Lamber for short, although she thought her full name was LAMB-CHOP-GET-OUT-OF-THERE -- and we subscribed to Cruising World Magazine under the name L.C. Valentine. About six months later we received an offer for an American Express Gold Card addressed to L.C. Valentine. We had a good laugh about that. We laughed even harder when a few weeks later we received an offer for an American Express Green Card addressed to me!

They must have thought that the cat had a better credit rating than I did. Rolleyes

Ken V.

I used to change my middle initial to keep track. It got to a point that I used numbers. PHEA,Pennsylvania higher education often states,they don't sell info. BS I gave them a 0 during my application. For three years and beyond credit card companies would issue me pre approved applications.----Mark
Aprilis   03-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I used to work for this really large hotel chain, the largest multi-brand hotel franchiser.
And they have what I call spy-ware at all of their hotels. At end of day the software compiles the names, addresses, phone nbrs, cc nbrs, how much was spent (not just room and tax but everything on the folio) and sends that data back to the corp office. So they can track spending and offer their customers their other services.
They called it Data Warehousing. And I went to a meeting once where they said that was thier number 1 priority.
I still have to deal with them at the software company I work at and if they dont get their spy-ware file they email us a list of hotels that havent sent it asking us to manually transmit it.

I stayed at one of these hotels once and I get crap in the mail all of the time now.
BK Akitas   03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Legion Wrote:I got fed up with getting bill collectors and screwed up phone bills so I opted outta my phone plan and opened up a prepaid account... Under the Name John Tyleski.

Couldn't help it.

Now I will never get another Bill collection call or anything from several stalkers I accumulated over the years.

Now I truly understand Jacks sense of freedom. Living under assumed names is great.

I've known this a very long time. After all, my name ISN'T Dannielle Wink Yet I've been called that for years and regularly get mail and credit under the name. Maybe 6 ppl outside of my immediate family know my true name and they ain't talkin'!

hey RichE, if you can't get an addy for the Isher Sports Shop, try applying under Sal Roma's Deli in Jersey!

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Ken Valentine   03-12-2008, 12:10 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:I've known this a very long time. After all, my name ISN'T Dannielle Wink Yet I've been called that for years and regularly get mail and credit under the name. Maybe 6 ppl outside of my immediate family know my true name and they ain't talkin'!

I know what you mean.

My real surname is actually Burke. It's a very old American family. Elias came over on the Mayflower -- he was the original Burke. Then he married into the Wright family and we've been Wright-Burkes ever since.

Ken Something-or-other
Ken Valentine   03-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I know what you mean.

My real surname is actually Burke. It's a very old American family. Elias came over on the Mayflower -- he was the original Burke. Then he married into the Wright family and we've been Wright-Burkes ever since.

Or is that Right Berks?

Ken V.
Paul R   03-21-2008, 04:46 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Or is that Right Berks?

Ken V.

I'll be the first to admit it: that crossed my mind when I read your post... I was just too polite to mention it!Big Grin

"I handed in the new RJ novel with the
working title, BY THE SWORD. David says the sales force loved the title at the
pre Turkey-Day sales meeting, so that's what it will be. That means Paul Ramplin
gets a credit line in the acknowledgments.
"
Pages (2): 1 2