Pages (2):    1 2
RichE   02-18-2008, 01:12 PM
I actually liked some of the new "Twilight Zone" (esp. "The Last Defender Of Camelot"from the story by Roger Zelazny and the reunion 50's spoof with John Agar, Jeff Morrow and others-anyone have a copy of these?). Thank God Harlan had no real control over "Babylon 5"!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-18-2008, 01:20 PM
RichE Wrote:I actually liked some of the new "Twilight Zone" (esp. "The Last Defender Of Camelot"from the story by Roger Zelazny and the reunion 50's spoof with John Agar, Jeff Morrow and others-anyone have a copy of these?). Thank God Harlan had no real control over "Babylon 5"!

Didn't Ellison write "Paladin of the Lost Hour"? Gotta say that was the best, just as "The City on the Edge of Forever" was the best TOS.
RichE   02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes he did. But on the subject of Trek he still bitch's, moans and stomps on his hankie about how 'they' ruined his story. By the way, wasn't this the very first time a 'profanity' was uttered on tv ("Let's get the HELL out of here")?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
RichE Wrote:Yes he did. But on the subject of Trek he still bitch's, moans and stomps on his hankie about how 'they' ruined his story. By the way, wasn't this the very first time a 'profanity' was uttered on tv ("Let's get the HELL out of here")?

Good question, Rich! I don't know for sure. "He knows, Doctor. He knows."

The original teleplay is available, and yeah, it =was= "better". But I don't believe it was doable in the context of TOS. A movie, maybe...
Weatherford   02-18-2008, 03:52 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]Oh dear!!!

I had NO idea he was such a..... DIVA!!!

Very disappointing... Sad[/COLOR]
phoenix rising   02-18-2008, 04:03 PM
A man who truely belives his excrement smells like rose.Big Grin
RichE   02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Must be that ole LA state of mind!
joelfinkle   02-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Don't go dissin' ol' Harlan, bad things happen.

The thing to remember is that he is a man of extremes. If he likes you, he'd give you a kidney on the off chance yours goes south. If he dislikes you, well, just stay out of the way.

There is no finer master of the short story alive today, and his tales are best read out loud. His oft-vitriolic speaking voice has made him a highly requested voice for audiobooks.

If the Three High Verbals ever deign to tour again (Ellison, Neil Gaiman and Peter David), don't miss it.
RichE   02-19-2008, 09:41 AM
There can be no doubt the man is a good writer but it is the man himself that we are talking about. Extreme or no, regular people are just fed up with people who hide behind status and feel that they can get a free pass.
Hell! Even my kids know the basics between right and wrong.
Pages (2):    1 2