jimbow8   02-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Some of you old-timers may remember a LONG time ago (circa 2003), when Beacon first took on the RJ movie project, Paul suggested that we might send off an email to Beacon requesting information on the project (contactus@beaconpictures.com). Well, I sent one and also saved a copy in my "Drafts" folder. I've resent it probably a dozen times or so at random intervals, just whenever it occured to me, and NEVER once received a reply from anyone at Beacon...... until today. I happened to notice the 'draft' so I sent another email:
Quote:Subject: Repairman Jack Information

Hi, I understand that Beacon has acquired the rights to the
Repairman Jack movie. I am interested in any
information you can give me regarding this project.
Have you signed any actors, a director, etc? Is there
a schedule for production? I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting
this movie and would appreciate any information you
could provide me.

Thank you for your time.

Impatiently awaiting your reply.

Jim ________

Here's the reply that I got today:
Quote:Hi Jim,

Thank you for your e-mail. Because this project is still in development, I am unfortunately not able to able to give out any information. But I'm glad to hear you are excited about the project. I would suggest keeping an eye on Dr. Wilson's repairmanjack.com website for news and announcements.

Best,

Lynda Brendish
Beacon Pictures

I know that this isn't exactly constitute any new information or anything, but it DOES seem to mean that Beacon is now preparing to begin to think about possibly releasing information.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
GeraldRice   02-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm hearing a firm maybe! This is starting to look like it's absolutely possible.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
XiaoYu   02-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Nice! Big Grin

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
beowulf   02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Maybe I've missed some developments, but I thought Ryan Reynolds was named to play Jack. Was this just a rumor?

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
jimbow8   02-01-2008, 10:11 PM
beowulf Wrote:Maybe I've missed some developments, but I thought Ryan Reynolds was named to play Jack. Was this just a rumor?

I think it is UNofficial, meaning the studio has never acknowledged it. Obviously, from the email, they don't seem to have officially even announced the movie. It doesn't show up on IMDb at all - under Ryan Reynolds or FPW.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
beowulf   02-04-2008, 01:55 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I think it is UNofficial, meaning the studio has never acknowledged it. Obviously, from the email, they don't seem to have officially even announced the movie. It doesn't show up on IMDb at all - under Ryan Reynolds or FPW.

Yeah, I check IMDB religiously for any news about Jack. With all the remakes and crap the studios are churning out I think this franchise would be a no-brainer!

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."