Pages (2): 1 2   
Schwinn160   01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Does anyone else watch this show? I love it, and I am re-watching the first and second seasons right now. The basic plot is two brothers hunting evil and stomping it. My wife doesn't like horror/scifi, but she's been hooked on this show since the moment I turned it on. Any other fans around here?

My wife and I don't pay for cable, because we'd watch waaaaay too much TV if we had it, so we just watch our favorite shows online whenever they come on (Supernatural, Heroes, My Name is Earl, etc.).

You can watch 3 of the past month's episodes on their website http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/supernatural
Kenji   01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Schwinn160 Wrote:Does anyone else watch this show? I love it, and I am re-watching the first and second seasons right now. The basic plot is two brothers hunting evil and stomping it. My wife doesn't like horror/scifi, but she's been hooked on this show since the moment I turned it on. Any other fans around here?

My wife and I don't pay for cable, because we'd watch waaaaay too much TV if we had it, so we just watch our favorite shows online whenever they come on (Supernatural, Heroes, My Name is Earl, etc.).

You can watch 3 of the past month's episodes on their website http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/supernatural

Supernatural is one of my favorite shows!

A few month ago I finished second season on DVD. My favorite episode was "Roadkill". That twisted ending surprised me.

I'm looking forward to third season!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Schwinn160 Wrote:Does anyone else watch this show? I love it, and I am re-watching the first and second seasons right now. The basic plot is two brothers hunting evil and stomping it. My wife doesn't like horror/scifi, but she's been hooked on this show since the moment I turned it on. Any other fans around here?

Haven't seen it yet, Schwinn. How does it compare to the original TWILIGHT ZONE?
Schwinn160   01-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Haven't seen it yet, Schwinn. How does it compare to the original TWILIGHT ZONE?

Well, I have only seen a few of the old Twilight Zones, but I'd definitely watch Super over Twilight. Smile

They hunt demons, vampires, werewolves, spirits, witches, a djinn, and lots of other things.
Schwinn160   01-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Kenji Wrote:Supernatural is one of my favorite shows!

A few month ago I finished second season on DVD. My favorite episode was "Roadkill". That twisted ending surprised me.

I'm looking forward to third season!

I was laid up for a month this spring after a surgery, and I watched the whole first seasong then and have loved it since. Got the second season for Christmas and we finished it last night!

Roadkill was definitely a good one! I don't know which was my fave. I am going to rewatch season 1 for the sake of my wife, so maybe I'll pick one in there. The Christmas episode a few weeks ago was pretty gruesome!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Schwinn160 Wrote:Well, I have only seen a few of the old Twilight Zones, but I'd definitely watch Super over Twilight. Smile

They hunt demons, vampires, werewolves, spirits, witches, a djinn, and lots of other things.

Guess it's a different kind of show. But I'll tell yez, hombre, when I was a little guy c. 1960-62, watching THE TWILIGHT ZONE on Friday nights with me foster-dad was a highlight of the week.
Schwinn160   01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Guess it's a different kind of show. But I'll tell yez, hombre, when I was a little guy c. 1960-62, watching THE TWILIGHT ZONE on Friday nights with me foster-dad was a highlight of the week.

I've seen a couple of them, probably more than I actually remember, and I did read a TZ book or two as well.

Definitely a different type of show.

Did you happen to watch Night Gallery any? My parents bought the whole series on DVD last year and have been watching them some. A few are pretty good!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Schwinn160 Wrote:I've seen a couple of them, probably more than I actually remember, and I did read a TZ book or two as well.

Definitely a different type of show.

Did you happen to watch Night Gallery any? My parents bought the whole series on DVD last year and have been watching them some. A few are pretty good!

A couple were exceptional. Thinking now of a British colonel in the days of the Raj who was done to death by a magic doll a sorcerer sent him. And he comes back as a doll himself, sent to the sorcerer. The eyes of the doll open, the mouth curls in an evil smile...
Kenji   01-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Schwinn160 Wrote:I was laid up for a month this spring after a surgery, and I watched the whole first seasong then and have loved it since. Got the second season for Christmas and we finished it last night!

Roadkill was definitely a good one! I don't know which was my fave. I am going to rewatch season 1 for the sake of my wife, so maybe I'll pick one in there. The Christmas episode a few weeks ago was pretty gruesome!

Oh?! I've never seen The Christmas episode! Is it in 3rd season?
Schwinn160   01-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Kenji Wrote:Oh?! I've never seen The Christmas episode! Is it in 3rd season?

Yes. I believe it's on the website right now (it was on there yesterday). Creepy. My wife would't watch it after I told her the basic premise of the episode. :p
Pages (2): 1 2