Pages (2):    1 2
Sigokat   01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:A couple were exceptional. Thinking now of a British colonel in the days of the Raj who was done to death by a magic doll a sorcerer sent him. And he comes back as a doll himself, sent to the sorcerer. The eyes of the doll open, the mouth curls in an evil smile...

How many times has the "evil/possessed doll is sent to kill someone and then that someone 'becomes' the doll" storyline been done?? I mean really...come on now!!

Don't get me wrong, I love the original TZ and Night Gallery, but so many shows/movies/books have done that storyline that its almost laughable.

Anyone remember Triliogy of Terror??

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Schwinn160   01-08-2008, 02:04 PM
sigokat Wrote:How many times has the "evil/possessed doll is sent to kill someone and then that someone 'becomes' the doll" storyline been done?? I mean really...come on now!!

Don't get me wrong, I love the original TZ and Night Gallery, but so many shows/movies/books have done that storyline that its almost laughable.

I'm not sure how many times it's been done, but a similar story was written by Steven King called "Battleground", and I think you'd love it, sigokat! It was in a book called "Nightmares and Dreamscapes", and there was a TV version of it made last year. My dad bought it on DVD and I can't wait to see that episode.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-14-2008, 02:22 AM
sigokat Wrote:How many times has the "evil/possessed doll is sent to kill someone and then that someone 'becomes' the doll" storyline been done?? I mean really...come on now!!

Don't know how many times its been done, sig--you seem to know all about it, why not enlighten us all?

All I wuz sayin', that portrayal was exceptional. Did you see it, or are you just shooting off at the jib?
Pages (2):    1 2