Kenji   01-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Now, on Japanese cable TV:"AXN", I'm watching "Cold Case" everyday since Dec 29. They're broadcasting three episodes every night, so now I just finished watching episode #18 "Resolutions". My favorite episode was "Fly Away". I couldn't guess who was offender, and it was very sad story.

Now I like this series. Plot is high quality. I like Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush. But I'm surprised America hasn't the Statute of limitations. Even if the crime was 50 years ago, the police can arrest criminals. Well, you know about it, of course.

But in Japan, if the police couldn't arrest murderer for 25 years, that murderer get not guilty. That's not right! :mad:

That's why I like "Cold Case". Justice never die.
Ken Valentine   01-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Kenji Wrote:Now, on Japanese cable TV:"AXN", I'm watching "Cold Case" everyday since Dec 29. They're broadcasting three episodes every night, so now I just finished watching episode #18 "Resolutions". My favorite episode was "Fly Away". I couldn't guess who was offender, and it was very sad story.

Now I like this series. Plot is high quality. I like Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush. But I'm surprised America hasn't the Statute of limitations. Even if the crime was 50 years ago, the police can arrest criminals. Well, you know about it, of course.

But in Japan, if the police couldn't arrest murderer for 25 years, that murderer get not guilty. That's not right! :mad:

That's why I like "Cold Case". Justice never die.

There is a statute of limitations on many things in this country, but there is no statute of limitations on murder.

Ken V.
ccosborne3   01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Didn't the Brinks job guys get nabbed one day before the statute of limitations would have ran out? If not them it was another big case.
Kenji   01-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:There is a statute of limitations on many things in this country, but there is no statute of limitations on murder.

Ken V.

That's what I was talking about. There is a statute of limitations on murder in Japan.
IanSF   01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I like the series too, especially the endings where we see the period characters cutting with the present day ones and the victim 'seeing justice finally served'.
Kenji   01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
IanSF Wrote:I like the series too, especially the endings where we see the period characters cutting with the present day ones and the victim 'seeing justice finally served'.

Me too. That's my favorite scene.
mkmfpwfan   01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I love the series because I'm origionally from the Philadelphia area-----Mark
law dawg   01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
One of me and the wife's favorite shows, although I have to stay quiet and not correct the obvious procedural errors...Wink

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Kenji   01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
law dawg Wrote:One of me and the wife's favorite shows, although I have to stay quiet and not correct the obvious procedural errors...Wink

What are the obvious procedural errors? Big Grin
law dawg   01-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Kenji Wrote:What are the obvious procedural errors? Big Grin

There are usually several different ones per episode. I have to be quiet when we watch it. I'm on thin ice for ruining several movies that way.....Wink

"Oh my god if I did that do you know how much paperwork I'd be doing? I hope he's contacting his union rep because he's toast!"
"Hey, that evidence will be excluded. Fruit of the poisonous tree!"

Smile

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.