Noelie   01-02-2008, 01:29 PM
There was another thread about Shoot 'Em Up, but I decided to start a new one because the other had tons of (marked) spoilers and I didn't want people to have to close their eyes to read my post. Wink

I watched Shoot 'Em Up last night and I have to say it's been a long time since I've had that much fun watching a movie. I see lots of good movies, even great movies, but this one was just so much fun to watch. The whole thing is absurd, but it knows it's absurd and makes no apologies for that fact. It isn't high art by any means, but boy was it entertaining. Big Grin

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
ccosborne3   01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Noelie Wrote:There was another thread about Shoot 'Em Up, but I decided to start a new one because the other had tons of (marked) spoilers and I didn't want people to have to close their eyes to read my post. Wink

I watched Shoot 'Em Up last night and I have to say it's been a long time since I've had that much fun watching a movie. I see lots of good movies, even great movies, but this one was just so much fun to watch. The whole thing is absurd, but it knows it's absurd and makes no apologies for that fact. It isn't high art by any means, but boy was it entertaining. Big Grin

Thanks for the tip, from the ad campaign I prejudged it a piece of crap. I'll give it a shot tonight on payperview.
Noelie   01-02-2008, 05:53 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Thanks for the tip, from the ad campaign I prejudged it a piece of crap. I'll give it a shot tonight on payperview.

You may still think it's a piece of crap. Wink It reminded me a bit of Planet Terror or Crank, if you've seen either of those. Total, over the top absurdity. It was just what I needed last night though! Big Grin

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I haven't seen it yet, so I checked about Shoot 'Em Up in imdb. Sounds good, but I'm sure it will be unrelease in Japan. Maybe I'll see it on DVD.
ccosborne3   01-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Noelie Wrote:You may still think it's a piece of crap. Wink It reminded me a bit of Planet Terror or Crank, if you've seen either of those. Total, over the top absurdity. It was just what I needed last night though! Big Grin

It was a fun movie. Well worth seeing. Smile
Noelie   01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:It was a fun movie. Well worth seeing. Smile

Big Grin

EWMAN, Jr.
Scott Miller   01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
And the moral of the story is to at your carrots.

As Noelie stated, the movie goes so far over the top, but keeps its tongue planted firmly in cheek, that it is great fun. Check your mind and float downstream.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   06-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Today I saw Shoot 'Em Up and it was really fun movie. Some parts were ridiculous, but I enjoyed this movie.

My favorite scene, it was Smith found mother hit her son and Smith caught her and spanked the mother's butt. That was funny. :bigsmile: