nijimeijer   07-28-2004, 06:46 PM
50 minutes longer (according to the preview shown at Comic Con). Awesome. Although it makes it harder to convince my friends to watch it with me ("Again?! And an *hour longer*?!")

Talking them into the trilogy viewing weekend will be even more difficult. Between this and the other two extended editions, that's like 11 hours of movie.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
jimbow8   07-28-2004, 10:22 PM
nijimeijer Wrote:50 minutes longer (according to the preview shown at Comic Con). Awesome. Although it makes it harder to convince my friends to watch it with me ("Again?! And an *hour longer*?!")

Talking them into the trilogy viewing weekend will be even more difficult. Between this and the other two extended editions, that's like 11 hours of movie.
I'm going to try to do that also, so it's not just you that is crazy. You wouldn't have to convince me to come. Only if you were too far away.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   07-29-2004, 04:18 AM
nijimeijer Wrote:50 minutes longer (according to the preview shown at Comic Con). Awesome. Although it makes it harder to convince my friends to watch it with me ("Again?! And an *hour longer*?!")

Sounds good to me! As good as the current movie is, the extended version might be even better. Two of my favorite movies are five hours long.

Ken V.
Scott Hajek   07-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Quote: Two of my favorite movies are five hours long.

Which two?

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]