Kenji   12-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Today I saw "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" in a theatre, and I enjoyed it. It was better than first one IMHO.

Why I enjoyed it? Well, Nicolas Cage was Nicolas Cage as usual. Diane Kruger was very nice woman, but that's all.

Ed Harris played bad guy. He's great actor and he can play any characters. But he played bad guy before. So nothing new.

Bruce Greenwood played The President. But he played The President in Thirteen Days before.

Helen Mirren! She was awesome! Recently she played Queen many times, but this time she was adventurer. She climbed rock and dived into the water! Amazing woman...Cool

If you like first movie, I'm sure you'll enjoy this sequel. Especially, if you like conspiracy by governments, you'll get into this movie. Wink

Before I see this movie, I saw this trailer and I'm looking forward to this!
This post was last modified: 12-22-2007, 08:24 AM by Kenji.
ccosborne3   12-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Kenji Wrote:Helen Mirren! She was awesome! Recently she played Queen many times, but this time she was adventurer. She climbed rock and dived into the water! Amazing woman...Cool

Back in the day she was in a film called Excalibur. She was pretty amazing in that one as well. Smile
Maggers   12-23-2007, 12:29 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Back in the day she was in a film called Excalibur. She was pretty amazing in that one as well. Smile

I agree. I don't think Helen Mirren could make a wrong move. She's outstanding in everything. She plays waaaaaay against type in SHADOWBOXER, which is a quirky, dark and very different movie for her. I liked SHADOWBOXER a lot.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

law dawg   12-23-2007, 12:58 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Back in the day she was in a film called Excalibur. She was pretty amazing in that one as well. Smile
Is it wrong of me to admit that I sooooooo wanted to do Morgana? Wink

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
ccosborne3   12-23-2007, 02:59 AM
law dawg Wrote:Is it wrong of me to admit that I sooooooo wanted to do Morgana? Wink

Nope, that was my whole point. She flashed it around something fierce in that movie. Big Grin
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I liked it. Good, fun, old-fashioned (if technologically modern) adventure movie.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Maggers   01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I saw "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" a few days ago and forgot that I did. This is a movie that made no impact. Yes, it's enjoyable fluff, we know the good guys will prevail so they can go on to make another sequel. There are the predictable predicaments, and Nicholas Cage's character can solve any puzzle, anywhere, anytime. But, who cares? Oh well, they got my money, and I guess that's the point.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I took the phews to 2 different films over their winter break. They didn't like NT, it was too long, drawn out, boring. Also took them to Aliens VS Predator and got lucky when the projector broke halfway through. None of us minded a bit.