Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Terry Willacker   12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Well, I've got an international thriller half mapped in my head. I might even do a few books about Jack's early days in NYC -- connecting with Abe, meeting Julio, etc. And who knows? I might do a First Age prequel to The Keep.

My main concern is living long enough.[/SIZE]

I'm looking forward to all of them.
KRW   12-08-2007, 09:25 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Well, I've got an international thriller half mapped in my head. I might even do a few books about Jack's early days in NYC -- connecting with Abe, meeting Julio, etc. And who knows? I might do a First Age prequel to The Keep.

Sounds good to me, but don't forget to smell some roses along the way, okay?Smile
KRW   12-08-2007, 09:28 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:I'm like Casca I will live until the Eagles win their first Superbowl.....

You and I may be the only ones on this board that know the answer to that.Smile (I've read the series)

Welcome to the board
Dave F   12-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Gets down on knees and begs for the Keep prequel

Also some early Jack, with a less supernatural bent (ala Legacies) would be very cool

What the hell, whatever you write will be awesome and I know I'll enjoy it

Cheers

Dave

The artist formally known as Britfan
Ken Valentine   12-09-2007, 11:10 PM

I'm sure that you have a lot of potential stories whirling about in your mind.

Does a KEEP prequel have to be "first age?" A novel about how Glaeken captured Rasalom and imprisoned him in THE KEEP would sure be a thrilling read!

Ken V.
The "Other" Otherness   12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
FPW,

You can do nothing but write Jack books til the end of time in my (and many of my family's and friends') opinions, and we'd be thrilled. But we'll happily take whatever you send our way.

Always harbored a love for werewolf stories, so that comment above certainly caught my eye. Ever considered one?

The "Other" Otherness - more of a curmudgeon than inimical when you get right down to it, and definitely less Adversarial.
fpw   12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I'm sure that you have a lot of potential stories whirling about in your mind.

Does a KEEP prequel have to be "first age?" A novel about how Glaeken captured Rasalom and imprisoned him in THE KEEP would sure be a thrilling read!

Ken V.
[SIZE="3"]The problem is, since everyone knows that G eventually succeeds, where's the suspense?[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   12-11-2007, 12:31 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The problem is, since everyone knows that G eventually succeeds, where's the suspense?[/SIZE]

Lots of stories start at the end and you spend the entire book wondering how does it end up there. [SIZE="1"]Not trying to tell you your business or anything, I'm just saying[/SIZE].

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Ken Valentine   12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The problem is, since everyone knows that G eventually succeeds, where's the suspense?[/SIZE]

The same could be said of any Prequel.

The suspense in that kind of novel would have to be in how Galeken is finally able to lure "R" into the Keep and trap him there. Glaeken would have to be either astonishingly clever or there would have to be a monstrous battle.

Ken V.
RichE   12-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Kenji Wrote:An international thriller sounds cool.

You wrote stories of Vampires(Midnight Mass), Frankenstein's monster(Dream), so why don't you write Werewolf story? Wink

Live long and prosper.

Move over Jeff Rovin! Let Paul tackle a story about Larry Talbot!
Pages (3):    1 2 3