colburn0004   12-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry to use up the space of the forum on a small question but what was the name of rasaloms monkey in conspiricies? This question has been bugging me and I cannot find my copy, and am dying to remember.
jimbow8   12-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Mauricio - capuchin monkey

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-03-2007, 11:04 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Mauricio - capuchin monkey

Well done, Jim!
colburn0004   12-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Many, many thanks! That was driving me crazy.
jimbow8   12-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well done, Jim!
I took lots of notes. Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-03-2007, 11:27 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I took lots of notes. Big Grin

Plenty of writing in the margins too, I bet. That's what my copy looks like, anyhow!Wink
jimbow8   12-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Plenty of writing in the margins too, I bet. That's what my copy looks like, anyhow!Wink
Desecrate a novel by writing in the margins? That's worse than dogearing the pages (but not as bad as creasing the binding). I'd never do such a thing to fiction. I used a notepad.

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Desecrate a novel by writing in the margins? That's worse than dogearing the pages (but not as bad as creasing the binding). I'd never do such a thing to fiction. I used a notepad.

Just joshing, Jim. I don't write in books either, not anymore. Last time I did was in Brockport, for a calculus course. A lot of "???", "Ask Dr. Schmidt", and "Newton was a SUPREME genius to come up with this!" Followed by more "???":p