RichE   11-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Since the universe of Jack seems to be changing (maybe Rafe Gutman has a hand in this!), the question I have is Jack going to own Ralph again? Ralph is in 'Nightworld'.
luthie2   11-29-2007, 02:57 PM
RichE Wrote:Since the universe of Jack seems to be changing (maybe Rafe Gutman has a hand in this!), the question I have is Jack going to own Ralph again? Ralph is in 'Nightworld'.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one worried about Ralph!

Here is a chain that I started in the past on this same subject. My initial post included a quote from one of my favorite section of any FPW books: http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...ight=ralph

I purchased the new version of Nightworld, but so far I've been able to hold off reading it, since FPW recommended that it should be read after all of the Jack books are completed. So, it's sitting there in a place of honor on one of my bookshelves, sending out mighty waves of temptation and holding the answer to Ralph's fate. Smile

-Luthie
Ken Valentine   11-29-2007, 10:11 PM
RichE Wrote:Since the universe of Jack seems to be changing (maybe Rafe Gutman has a hand in this!), the question I have is Jack going to own Ralph again? Ralph is in 'Nightworld'.

Well, if you've read the continuing saga of Jack, you'll notice that he is driving a different car. A really neat classic like the Corvair would draw a lot of attention to RJ -- attention which he would rather avoid -- so he sold it and bought something which would draw attention away from him.

What you're referring to is the original version of NIGHTWORLD. The expanded/updated version has a few things deleted, and a lot of new material added. You're going to love it when you get around to reading it.

Ken V.
ccosborne3   11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:What you're referring to is the original version of NIGHTWORLD. The expanded/updated version has a few things deleted, and a lot of new material added. You're going to love it when you get around to reading it.

Ken V.

Nothing against the revised edition but I prefer the original. I felt the new one was a little too Jack heavy.
Ken Valentine   11-30-2007, 12:16 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Nothing against the revised edition but I prefer the original. I felt the new one was a little too Jack heavy.

I saw very little additional "Jack" in the revised novel, especially when compared with all the other characters. But for my part, I like them both.

Ken V.
ccosborne3   11-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I saw very little additional "Jack" in the revised novel, especially when compared with all the other characters. But for my part, I like them both.

Ken V.

[SIZE="5"]BIG NIGHTWORLD SPOILER STAY AWAY![/SIZE]

It was the end scene when Jack accompanied Glaeken into the hole. Didn't feel right about his being there. I did however enjoy JacK's rounding up all his old pals from the series and stashing them away in the posh Central Park penthouse. That was cool.
Ken Valentine   11-30-2007, 01:02 AM
The first part you mentioned didn't bother me at all, but I agree with you about the second part -- Alicia, Nadia, Lyle, I thought that was great!

Ken V.
RichE   11-30-2007, 02:58 PM
What a tag team!!! Anyone know when Forge will put out the new version in HC?