Pages (2):    1 2
Auskar   11-23-2007, 02:46 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I have to say I was ultimately disappointed with the ending of the novella "I am Legend" but I really don't see how it could have ended any other way than it did.
Me, too. Me, too. I was very disappointed. Like you, though, I don't see how else it could have ended.
Kenji   11-24-2007, 04:08 AM
RichE Wrote:I really liked the film the way I enjoyed 300. "I AM LEGEND" looks great but I feel almost like it sounds like a remake of "THE OMEGA MAN". I wish they could have filmed it like the novel...Maybe some day...

We will know about it....in December 14. Wink
Kenji   12-01-2007, 04:52 AM
Today I saw Beowulf, and it was awesome! I liked it! Robert Zemeckis's "The Polar Express" had very realistic CG. Also, Beowulf's CG surpassed The Polar Express's CG. In some parts, they looked real human. Especially, Robin Wright Penn was beautiful!

As for the story, as beowulf(our member) said, they changed the story, but I think it was okay. Once, I read epic poem, and I liked it. But Neil Gaiman and Roger Avery did well adaptation.

Someday I'll re-read epic poem....or maybe, I'll read comics version of Neil Gaiman. Big Grin
law dawg   12-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I saw it yesteday, and in 3D.

Wow. Very nice.

AJ looked HOT as well. <swoon>

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Kenji   12-01-2007, 07:50 PM
law dawg Wrote:I saw it yesteday, and in 3D.

Wow. Very nice.

AJ looked HOT as well. <swoon>

Oh yeah! But she wore high heels...that was......weird.
Aprilis   03-12-2008, 02:08 AM
I finally saw BEOWULF today. On my new 47" LCD TV.
It was the first thing I saw on the new TV ... only because there was nothing on cable to watch.

I liked it better than the other Beowulf movie But my favorite Beowolf movie of all time is still The 13th Warrior. I read the book too and thought they did a good job of making it into a movie. Even though its not quite the original story of Beowolf I liked what Crichton was trying to do.
Schwinn160   03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Aprilis Wrote:I finally saw BEOWULF today. On my new 47" LCD TV.
It was the first thing I saw on the new TV ... only because there was nothing on cable to watch.

I liked it better than the other Beowulf movie But my favorite Beowolf movie of all time is still The 13th Warrior. I read the book too and thought they did a good job of making it into a movie. Even though its not quite the original story of Beowolf I liked what Crichton was trying to do.

13th Warrior is a wonderful movie.

My favorite part is where he grinds down the sword, everyone makes fun of him, then he lops off the sides of the wood timber, and everyone quickly shuts up. Smile
bones weep tedium   04-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Me n Sorrel watched Beowulf the other night, and we were both pretty disappointed.

The animation was almost amazing, but was just too inconsistent to be trly spectacular. Sometimes you'd think they were human, other times it looked like an Xbox game.

Also, what is the point in spending MILLIONS perfectly recreating what an actor actually looks like? I don't get it. There was no reason why this film couldnt have been live action.

Also - was this based on a poem or a play? The entire film occured in their drinking shed or Angelina Jolie's cave.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Pages (2):    1 2