RichE   11-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Despite being something of a wasteland at times there are still gems to be found in past and present televiewing. Here are some personal favs some of you might have seen:

"MEETING OF MINDS"
Steve Allen's landmark PBS Series. The format has Allen as himself hosting a talkshow with famous historical figures as guests. They talk about their lives and times then give insight on 20th Century social climes. Emily Dickinson, Galieo, Karl Marx, Marie Antoinette, Sir Thomas More, Ulysses S. Grant, Attila The Hun and Charles Darwin are just a few to drop in with Steve. I really hope PBS brings it back or put it on DVD!

"A CHRISTMASS TO REMEMBER" Jason Robards and Eva-Marie Saint in this Depression era Christmass ghost story about a boy going to live with his grandparents. Joanne Woodward does a cameo. If you find it on tv-check it out!
RichE   11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
OLIVER NORTH'S "WAR STORIES"
Whatever you think of North's politics you cannot but admire this excellent, well researched series about famous battles in history. Wonderful for any history buff! Fox News Channel

KEN BURNS's "THE WAR" and "THE CIVIL WAR".
The name Ken Burns speaks for itself. Catch it on PBS or rent it from your library or video store. Wonderful!!! PBS
RichE   11-18-2007, 04:53 PM
While everyone still talks about "TWILIGHT ZONE" I'm really surprised how few people talk about the television series "THRILLER". Hosted by the great BORIS KARLOFF (who starred in several episodes) it was a big step up from most shows-giving me quite a case of goose bumbs when seeing it the first time around. Great stars and lots of well known talent behind the camera to boot!