Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
law dawg   11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Re-make The Running Man and do it like the Bachman/King short story and not the tripe Arnold did.

The Gunslinger series.

The Song of Ice and Fire.

Altered Carbon.

Need I even mention RJ?

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
RichE   11-19-2007, 01:06 PM
You got it Dawg!
Here's another good novel-a real monster story!
"THE LAKE" R.J. Jensen. It has it all!
and....
"BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP" J.M. Morgan
Great Loch Ness Monster story!
bones weep tedium   11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
law dawg Wrote:The Gunslinger series.

Do you mean Stephen King's Dark Tower series?

IMDbPRO listing (we need Marc B in here to help divulge the hidden info!)

And here is an article wherein Stephen King reveals JJ Abrams bought the rights for . . . $19 Wink (I am only up to The WOlves Of Calla and still have absolutley no idea about the significance of this number--- so NO SPOLIERS, please! Big Grin )

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
RichE   11-22-2007, 04:57 PM
"AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS" by H.P. LOVECRAFT!
FreeBeerTomorrow   11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
law dawg Wrote:Re-make The Running Man and do it like the Bachman/King short story and not the tripe Arnold did.

I'm with you on this. Get Ridley Scott or even Darabont to do The Running Man with absolutely no deviance from the book and it would be a gritty, realistic work of art...I wonder how prophetic it would seem when Richards flies the plane into the games building?

[Image: darktowergunslinger1-1.jpg]
"Control what you can control. Let everything else take a flying f**k at you... And if you must go down...go down with your guns blazing..."
Mick C.   12-16-2007, 05:30 PM
"Shella" by Andrew Vachss (or the Burke books)

"Tunnel in the Sky" by Robert Heinlein - ripped off by "Stargate", but an excellent survival story - would be a hit with a large YA cast, too.

"The Willows" by Algernon Blackwood - very influential on Lovecraft, and arouses the same terror of an unknowable - and hostile - cosmos. Sort of "The Blair Witch Project" projected out...

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Mick C. Wrote:"Shella" by Andrew Vachss (or the Burke books)

"Tunnel in the Sky" by Robert Heinlein - ripped off by "Stargate", but an excellent survival story - would be a hit with a large YA cast, too.

"The Willows" by Algernon Blackwood - very influential on Lovecraft, and arouses the same terror of an unknowable - and hostile - cosmos. Sort of "The Blair Witch Project" projected out...

If we're talkin' RAH, Mick, how's about one of me favorites of the Great Man's shorts: THE MENACE FROM EARTH? Better yet, make it a 3-fer like THE TWILIGHT ZONE movie. Buddy it up with THE LONG WATCH and PROJECT NIGHTMARE.
Mick C.   12-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:If we're talkin' RAH, Mick, how's about one of me favorites of the Great Man's shorts: THE MENACE FROM EARTH? Better yet, make it a 3-fer like THE TWILIGHT ZONE movie. Buddy it up with THE LONG WATCH and PROJECT NIGHTMARE.

That would be great.

BTW, did you see the adaptation of RAH's "Jerry Was a Man" they did on the SciFi channel ("Masters of Science Fiction") lately? I recorded it and accidentally erased it before I could see it... If so, any good? I thought they did a decent adaptation of Ellison's "The Discarded".

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
RichE   12-22-2007, 02:58 AM
THE TRAIL OF CTHULHU by August Derleth
Wonderful connecting short stories about hunting down the great Old One once and for all. Great film material here!

THE WHITECHAPEL HORRORS Edward B. Hanna
Great Sherlock Holmes novel as is

THE CANARY TRAINER Nicholas Meyer
Holmes meets The Phantom! (sequel to the 'Seven Per Cent Solution"

Great films to be made here!
Alvin Fox   12-24-2007, 02:12 AM
I'd like to see any of William Hope Hodgson's Sargasso Sea tales.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4