bones weep tedium   11-14-2007, 06:12 AM
I am currently working on a comic version of the subway scene from Hosts. I am trying to be as faithful to the text as possible, and at the moment am designing how I'll draw RJ himself.

He is described as wearing an oversized Jets shirt, with the number 80 on it. Here's where I need help: I know nothing about American football!! I have had no trouble at all finding photo ref of what a Jets shirt looks like, but I just want to check whether or not the number 80 refers to any paticular player? I am thinking of the name that goes on the back. Is the number 80 a famous player's number (who's name I should put on the shirt) or am I free to use my creative license?

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
ccosborne3   11-14-2007, 08:35 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I am currently working on a comic version of the subway scene from Hosts. I am trying to be as faithful to the text as possible, and at the moment am designing how I'll draw RJ himself.

He is described as wearing an oversized Jets shirt, with the number 80 on it. Here's where I need help: I know nothing about American football!! I have had no trouble at all finding photo ref of what a Jets shirt looks like, but I just want to check whether or not the number 80 refers to any paticular player? I am thinking of the name that goes on the back. Is the number 80 a famous player's number (who's name I should put on the shirt) or am I free to use my creative license?

#80 was Wayne Chrebet. AKA Sherbert. Wink Where's the rat?
bones weep tedium   11-14-2007, 09:21 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:#80 was Wayne Chrebet. AKA Sherbert. Wink Where's the rat?

Cheers 'ee for your help!

Just to clarify (stoopid questions being better than stupid mistakes) it would read SHERBERT on the back of the 80 shirt? Or Chrebet?

The rat'll be around shortly Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
ccosborne3   11-14-2007, 09:38 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Cheers 'ee for your help!

Just to clarify (stoopid questions being better than stupid mistakes) it would read SHERBERT on the back of the 80 shirt? Or Chrebet?

The rat'll be around shortly Wink

Chrebet. The red haired girlfriend mistook the name Chrebet for Sherbert when reciting the events to a police officer.

The rat best be hot. Smile
bones weep tedium   11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Chrebet. The red haired girlfriend mistook the name Chrebet for Sherbert when reciting the events to a police officer.

The rat best be hot. Smile

...you mean I wasted everyone's time and pimped out my pet rat Frederick becasue I'm too stupid to skip forward one chapter of the book? DO you mean to say that it actually says what name is on the back of his shirt in the book?

(flicks through Hosts)

Me so silly :o

I hate coppers.

ccosborne3   11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:...

...you mean I wasted everyone's time and pimped out my pet rat Frederick becasue I'm too stupid to skip forward one chapter of the book? DO you mean to say that it actually says what name is on the back of his shirt in the book?

(flicks through Hosts)

Me so silly :o

Beats coming off hot for a gay rat.
KRW   11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Beats coming off hot for a gay rat.

It would seem as if I was justified in my answer on the other thread with the same title.:eek: