Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Sigokat   11-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Got my copy of The Keep today. But I have to finish Dean Koontz' TickTock first which I am about halfway done.

I'm excited though...I hope its good.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
linusvanpelt   11-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Trust me, the Keep is better. I read Tic Tock and to tell you the truth, I forgot the entire story. However, I can almost recite chapter & verse of the Keep along with most of FPW's books. I feel Kontz is good but Wilson is better. I did read a good story by King that is coming out this week in the movies. The Mist was an interesting thriller. The movie looks like it follows the book. I hope the Tomb movies does the same. Happy Reading.Smile

Linus
Kenji   11-16-2007, 09:33 AM
sigokat Wrote:Got my copy of The Keep today. But I have to finish Dean Koontz' TickTock first which I am about halfway done.

I'm excited though...I hope its good.

I read TickTock too. It was a funny and I liked it. Big Grin
Sigokat   11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
linusvanpelt Wrote:Trust me, the Keep is better. I read Tic Tock and to tell you the truth, I forgot the entire story. However, I can almost recite chapter & verse of the Keep along with most of FPW's books. I feel Kontz is good but Wilson is better. I did read a good story by King that is coming out this week in the movies. The Mist was an interesting thriller. The movie looks like it follows the book. I hope the Tomb movies does the same. Happy Reading.Smile

I like Koontz, but I prefer his older works (with the excpetions of a couple newer ones) So far TickTock isn't bad.

I just have a hard time starting a book and not finishing it just because I want to read something else. So I will give TickTock its fair share of reading time and then move on to The Keep.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Sigokat   11-30-2007, 02:49 AM
OK, so I got my copy of The Keep and I just had one question...

when does it start getting scary? Granted I'm only a short way into it (work, schoolwork, and then general boredom have prevented me from reading further) but I really haven't see any horror in the book yet.

I'll keep reading though...hopefully it becomes a page turner soon!

Major K

Keith the Elder   11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
sigokat Wrote:OK, so I got my copy of The Keep and I just had one question...

when does it start getting scary?

IIRC, the first night, the light bulb, the darkness

sigokat Wrote:I'll keep reading though...hopefully it becomes a page turner soon!

For me, it was a page turner from the get-go.

Wait a minute! Are you reading FPW's "The Keep" or that other one by Jennifer Egan?

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Sigokat   11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:IIRC, the first night, the light bulb, the darkness

What does IIRC stand for? I've seen it used alot and I've always wanted to know what it meant, but have been too embarrased to ask...so I ask now!

Quote:For me, it was a page turner from the get-go.

Wait a minute! Are you reading FPW's "The Keep" or that other one by Jennifer Egan?

lol...it's FPW's book. And even to verify I just looked back at it and it says F. Paul Wilson across the front. Big Grin (My room is a little bigger then a prison cell so everything in it is within eyeshot!)

Funny thing though, when I ordered it from Amazon I intentionally clicked on the copy that did not have to swastika on the cover art (didn't want anyone seeing it and thinking I was reading some Neo-Nazi book or something)

Guess which copy I got??

Big ol' Swastika on the cover!! Oh well...I'll just have to keep reading it in secret. Big Grin

Major K

volshan   11-30-2007, 06:13 PM
IIRC, IIRC means 'If I Recall Correctly' =)

The Keep was a page turner for me from the start. I like Paul's writing style, even in the books he's complained about it in, better than the other authors mentioned in this thread. No slam intended to any of them, for I've read and like them all. I just happen to like Paul's style, both writing style and story telling style, better.

In my opinion, though, Black Wind is one of the scariest books I've ever read, if not the scariest. It's also my favorite of Paul's books. (Thanks again, Paul, for signing my copy for me in Atlanta. That book is one of my few 'treasures' now.)

Volsh
Keith the Elder   11-30-2007, 08:40 PM
volshan Wrote:IIRC, IIRC means 'If I Recall Correctly' =)

The Keep was a page turner for me from the start. I like Paul's writing style, even in the books he's complained about it in, better than the other authors mentioned in this thread. No slam intended to any of them, for I've read and like them all. I just happen to like Paul's style, both writing style and story telling style, better.

In my opinion, though, Black Wind is one of the scariest books I've ever read, if not the scariest. It's also my favorite of Paul's books. (Thanks again, Paul, for signing my copy for me in Atlanta. That book is one of my few 'treasures' now.)

Volsh

What volshan said

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Sigokat   12-01-2007, 02:58 AM
OK I got further in The Keep last night and it took a little longer for me then its seems for others, but its definitely started to become a page turner. On the German Soldiers started getting killed it became much more intense for me.

Unfortunately I didn't get too far last night because I was extremely tired from writing a term paper right before that. I'll definitely be picking it up tomorrow.

Scariest book I've ever read so far....1984.

Major K

Pages (4):    1 2 3 4