Pages (2): 1 2   
Jay #1   10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Mark Hamill's "Black Pearl". He'd intended it to be a screenplay, but it never went through. So he turned it into a comic book series instead. (My opinion, it should have been a movie)

it's, a unique superhero story. In the fact that none exist in the world. The news blew things out of proportion in regards to one vaguely seen person however.

wikipedia entry: The Black Pearl is most widely known as a five-issue comic book published by Dark Horse Comics in 1996, written by Eric Johnson and Mark Hamill with artwork by Bruce Patterson and H.M. Baker. The story focuses on a troubled man who becomes a costumed "hero."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_P...ic_book%29
Scott Miller   10-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Mark Hamill's "Black Pearl". He'd intended it to be a screenplay, but it never went through. So he turned it into a comic book series instead. (My opinion, it should have been a movie)

it's, a unique superhero story. In the fact that none exist in the world. The news blew things out of proportion in regards to one vaguely seen person however.

wikipedia entry: The Black Pearl is most widely known as a five-issue comic book published by Dark Horse Comics in 1996, written by Eric Johnson and Mark Hamill with artwork by Bruce Patterson and H.M. Baker. The story focuses on a troubled man who becomes a costumed "hero."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_P...ic_book%29

I remember it being good, but not much else. Didn't it deal with how the media feeds into frenzies making them worse?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mike Hanson   10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Mark Hamill's "Black Pearl".

Never heard of it.

And I've always been less than impressed by celebrities who
use their fame to promote their mediocre writing projects
that otherwise would never even have been looked at, let
alone picked up, by a reputable publisher (Madonna fans
take note).

Grumbly, mean, and cynical,

Mike :mad:
This post was last modified: 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM by Mike Hanson.
Jay #1   10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Considering that I never knew he wrote a graphic novel until I walked into a comic book shop one day, his fame didn't work on me apparently. However, i've read it twice so far. Might pick it up again some day
Auskar   10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:Never heard of it. And I've always been less than impressed by celebrities who use their fame to promote their mediocre writing projects that otherwise would never even have been looked at, let alone picked up, by a reputable publisher (Madonna fans take note). Grumbly, mean, and cynical,
Not that I have anything against Mark Hamill, or anything, but Star Wars was a good movie "in spite" of the fact that he played Luke Skywalker. He isn't a good actor, an maybe he is a good writer, but if so -- who's the co-author? Why is there a co-author? I'm cynical and grumbly, too -- like MIke.

I have heard of Black Pearl, but only vaguely and I don't remember why.
Ken Valentine   10-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Auskar Wrote:I have heard of Black Pearl, but only vaguely and I don't remember why.

Wasn't one of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movies subtitled THE BLACK PEARL?

Ken V.
Jay #1   10-19-2007, 11:04 AM
in that light, look at Seth Green who was Oz on Buffy and was in shows and movies before he joined that cast. and has been and probably will be in movies after.

Robot Chicken is still going strong with another season possibly coming up.
Family Guy is still going, and he's the voice for at least 2 characters.

(Can't remember anything else off the top of my head. Unless you count his 10 or 15 second cameo in Weird Al Yankovic's White And Nerdy. As a short comic book nerd in a green outfit with a five o'clock shadow)

ImDeranged Wrote:Mark Hamill loves comic books and if he can make a career out of doing voices for comic book cartoons and occasionally write/ or even co-write a graphic novel it shouldn't be a crime. Now Rosie O'Donnell writing a book that is currently on the best seller list should be.
Scott Miller   10-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:in that light, look at Seth Green who was Oz on Buffy and was in shows and movies before he joined that cast. and has been and probably will be in movies after.

Robot Chicken is still going strong with another season possibly coming up.
Family Guy is still going, and he's the voice for at least 2 characters.

Not to mention he helped create and write a comic called The Freshmen which was decent.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Jay #1   10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
the oddball thing is he's the same age I am

Scott Miller Wrote:Not to mention he helped create and write a comic called The Freshmen which was decent.
RichE   10-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Besides my love for "THE FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHER" there was a very obscure comic series I think called "TIME SPIRITS" about two Native American manitous who travel through realities. In fact they pick up Jimi Hendrix for several adventures!
Pages (2): 1 2