Maggers   10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
I wish I could write a rip roaring endorsement. While MICHAEL CLAYTON was engaging, absorbing, intelligent and interesting, I forgot it within hours. In fact, it left so little impression that I am writing this several days after having seen it rather than immediately, as I usually do. I recollect leaving the theater thinking that I needed to see it again to clarify several plot points.

The acting was fine. Clooney gives a strong performance. Something was off with Tilda Swinton, whom I usually love. She spoke with such a strange cadence that I found her difficult to comprehend, especially when she was speaking corporate jargon, but I guess that was the point.

I'll recommend MICHAEL CLAYTON, but it was not the stick to your ribs fare I thought it would be.
This post was last modified: 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   04-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Today is the opening in Japan, and Japanese title is "The Fixer". It's good title, isn't it? Cool

George Clooney's acting was good as usual. Tom Wilkinson and Tilda Swinton, they were also good.

Michael Clayton's story unfolds slowly with quiet drama, so sometimes I felt sleepiness. But, then characters and the situations gradually ups the tension levels to became genuinely taut and thrilling.

The one scene I liked: Clayton stop his car at the roadside, and found three horses, standing on a misty hill.

He walks slowly up to them, and approached three horses.

The three horses are standing still. Michael Clayton looks at them as if he want to become one of them. Clayton's living in money and a threat's cruel world. But at that moment, I felt he took back his human nature in that scene.Hmm......what a beautiful moment!
NickelobLight   04-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Michael Clayton? This guy?

http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelclayto...=CLA806359

The Bucs wasted a #15 overall draft pick on that guy, and he hasn't performed since his rookie year in 2004!! We could have had D.J. Williams, Darnell Dockett, or Bob Sanders!! Ugh. I hope he has a good year this year.

PS: Yeah, I know you're talking about a movie. Big Grin It's just odd to me that they gave a movie the same name as that bust of a wide receiver. Haven't seen it yet...

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]