The "Other" Otherness   10-12-2007, 11:36 AM
So --- how many people have you gotten hooked on Jack?

I've recruited 3 eager addicts thus far. Still working hard to spread the word. I've got one (my youngest brother) that showed some interest in the series based on the eager and positive reviews of myself and his sister-in-law, but he opted to jump into the FPW world at the Midnight Mass end of the world - he loved it so it's only a matter of time - mwuhahahahaha

The "Other" Otherness - more of a curmudgeon than inimical when you get right down to it, and definitely less Adversarial.
BK Akitas   10-12-2007, 12:25 PM
pssst, hey you, c'mere
yeah you
I got a little something for ya- you're gonna love this shit man
I got paperbacks, hardcovers, chapbooks- what you need, man?
you want a real high ride? I got signed firsts....
first taste is free- here ya go log on to http://www.repairmanjack.com and try it out

yeah, you'll be back......

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Tindalos13   10-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Well, lessee... So far, my best friend has been hooked. And my Mother read through my library in about 6 months. I can't wait to get my daughter hooked on the YA books when they hit the streets.
The "Other" Otherness   10-12-2007, 03:43 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:pssst, hey you, c'mere
yeah you
first taste is free- here ya go log on to http://www.repairmanjack.com and try it out

LOL. Nice one BK. Since falling in step with the Jack legion, I've devoured everything (Keep, all the RJ's - including the Amazon short, Midnight Mass) I could put my mitts on. Unsure if I want to wait to read the Adversary Cycle until the RJ books are caught up to that point in the chronology or not....indecision, indecision.

The "Other" Otherness - more of a curmudgeon than inimical when you get right down to it, and definitely less Adversarial.
luthie2   10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:pssst, hey you, c'mere
yeah you

My biggest accomplishment was to get my husband addicted to FPW's great works. He, in turn, has recruited a number of other Jack fans. I've tried to get some of my friends and family turned on to the books, but have been largely unsuccessful - which is really frustrating. I'm still working on it, though!

BTW: A great big welcome to Tindalos and "Other". Smile

-Luthie
cobalt   10-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Welcome Otherness.......yikes, that seems strange to say! But welcome!

Thus far, I've spread the word to my son, hubby, and several friends.

EWMAN
Dr. Trilobite   10-13-2007, 11:24 AM
When I worked at a bookstore, I pushed The Tomb when I could, and put them in the mass market display at our registers.

Recently I got my dad into the series, and he seems to like it a lot. He's on The Haunted Air now. Of course, this means all the books' spines are getting broken...
Kenji   10-14-2007, 05:28 AM
One day, I went to book store and I pulled out some old RJ novels from bookshelves and I arranged those RJ novels in new release corner. :p

And I looked and waited a few moments.

A few minutes later, one lady stared at RJ novels, then she grabbed one book, "The Tomb". Unintentionally, I said "Oh, it's pretty good."
She said "Oh, really?".
So I said "Yes".

She bought it.
beowulf   10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I've gotten 3 of my buddies and my girl's uncle hooked. I also push his books on all the other forums I frequent. I truly believe anyone with half an imagination is missing out if they are not following the chronicles of Jack. I will continue to be an avid FPW peddler...

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."