Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8   
cobalt   10-05-2007, 04:47 PM
webby Wrote:I'll second that. Smile

It might also be fun if our Jack were to meet Jack Reacher, though I doubt either one would understand the other.
I agree Webby. Agent Pendergast would be a neat encounter but since Pendergast is the FBI....Jack would probably freak out a tad. :eek:
But if RMJ met Jack Reacher...they would have the drop of society themes to compare and get pointers from each other.

EWMAN
webby   10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:But if RMJ met Jack Reacher...they would have the drop of society themes to compare and get pointers from each other.

You definitely have a point there! I wasn't even thinking about that. I was thinking about how RJ seems like somebody you'd like to know and hang out with, while Reacher just seems stone cold, imho. Maybe they're opposite sides of the same coin.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auskar   10-05-2007, 07:42 PM
webby Wrote:You definitely have a point there! I wasn't even thinking about that. I was thinking about how RJ seems like somebody you'd like to know and hang out with, while Reacher just seems stone cold, imho. Maybe they're opposite sides of the same coin.
You think Reacher is "stone cold"...?

A long time ago when there was only one Jack Reacher novel, I wrote to Lee Child. Basically, I wanted to tell him that he got something about the character "right" when describing people who have grown up in military (especially army and marine) families. Imagine my surprise when he wrote back and asked me to explain it in more detail. I never did. I just said "never mind." I had never written to an author before and it was strange and unexpected to actually get a response.

In the later novels, Reacher changed a bit. But he never seemed "stone cold" to me. He just seemed normal.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2007, 07:47 PM by Auskar.
webby   10-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Auskar Wrote:You think Reacher is "stone cold"...?

A long time ago when there was only one Jack Reacher novel, I wrote to Lee Child. Basically, I wanted to tell him that he got something about the character "right" when describing people who have grown up in military (especially army and marine) families "right." Imagine my surprise when he wrote back and asked me to explain it in more detail. I never did. I just said "never mind."

In the later novels, Reacher changed a bit. But he never seemed "stone cold" to me. He just seemed normal.

Reacher probably is "normal" for someone with his background. But yeah, it seems cold to me. You sure couldn't call him warm and cuddly. Wink

I think the main difference is that while RJ has a dark side and is capable of coldness when the situation demands it, Reacher seems to be that way almost all the time, very rarely showing any gentler emotions.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobalt   10-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Auskar Wrote:You think Reacher is "stone cold"...?

A long time ago when there was only one Jack Reacher novel, I wrote to Lee Child. Basically, I wanted to tell him that he got something about the character "right" when describing people who have grown up in military (especially army and marine) families. Imagine my surprise when he wrote back and asked me to explain it in more detail. I never did. I just said "never mind." I had never written to an author before and it was strange and unexpected to actually get a response.

Reacher can be cold, but you can see that he does care for the people he worked with. He also has a "soft" side at times. But when he's cold he's the iceman!

EWMAN
Barry Lee Dejasu   10-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Jack meets Hellboy.

Jack meets Drac. As in, ula.

Jack meets Sheriff Hank (Brendan Gleeson) from Lake Placid.

Or, once and for all, Jack meets frickin' Glaeken already! (and no, I *STILL* haven't read Nightworld, so I have NO idea if that can't happen, and I won't check back on this thread and accidentally find out)

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Lon   10-06-2007, 08:19 PM
I'd like to see Jack meet Ryan Reynolds in a short somewhere:

A distressed Ryan Reynolds comes to him saying that he's looking to get the rest of a dirty paparazzi's pics before they become public. But the whole thing is kind of a set-up: Ryan is really doing a movie* and wants to get inside a real-life fix-it guy's head... Plot complications A, B and C occur, Jack has a minor bit of jealousy when Gia insists on meeting him, Ryan's new agent is a chick with a dog, and minor minions of the Otherness learn that Hollywood is capable of things darker and more fearsome than even R______ could imagine.

Think of the cross-promotional possibilities! Smile

* Of, you guessed it, a P. Frank Winslow adaption....
This post was last modified: 10-06-2007, 08:31 PM by Lon.

Coming Soon:
"Something to Hold the Door Closed" in Frontier Cthulhu

[SIZE="1"]Web: www.lonprater.com
LJ: lonfiction.livejournal.com[/SIZE]
Mark S.   10-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Jack meets Mr. T.
RichE   10-06-2007, 09:00 PM
How about, in his travels around the city, a certain Mr. Bourne.
Also-
Dennis Miller
Bill O'Reilly
and........horror of horror.... Ann Coulter (during Happy Hour-with a very jealous Gia present!)
Auskar   10-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Repairman Jack meets Ann Coulter. You gotta love that idea.
Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8