Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8   
RichE   10-05-2007, 02:29 AM
I love it when a favorite character meets up unexpect. with another favorite, well known person in a novel. One example is Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson meeting Edward Rassenddyll (The hero of "The Prisoner Of Zenda") in Nicholas Meyer's excellent "The Seven-Per Cent Solution".

Here's my idea of Jack meeting up with....

A regular at Julio's, well liked and obviously pretty wealthy but who enjoy's being with regular people. He is in his late 80's but pretty spry. His name is Lamont Cranston (The Shadow)

Harry Erskine, a phoney NYC mystic who keep's babbeling (to anyone who will listen) about a Native American spirit who is out to get him ("The Manitou")

A writer named F. Paul Wilson, who would love to shoot Jack. Why? Jack keep's going on and on about the film version of "The Keep" and how much he loves it. The writer would rather be back in his nice peaceful medical office doing something like checking every known entrance to the human body.

Anybody else?
BK Akitas   10-05-2007, 05:52 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again- an RJ x Pendergast story would be fantastic.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Kenji   10-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Jack vs. Licoln Rhyme. It'll be exciting story! Cool
Auskar   10-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey. Jack met P. Frank Winslow. That's good enough.

It's really hard to do that in a novel, I think. If it is too obvious, you break that "invisible barrier" between the audience and the characters, and "suspension of disbelief" crumbles.

Still. The meeting with P. Frank Winslow was extremely entertaining.
Fenian1916   10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Jack Meets Abbott and Costello. He's a fan of old movies so I'm sure he'd have a blast.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
RichE   10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Naaawwwwww!!!! That was a phoney Wilson. No...Jack should meet the real thing!
Here's another "Jack Meets..."

Jesse Stone. Robert Parker's hard drinking, down-trodden police chief

Dr. Laben Shrewsbury. August Derleth's mysterious hero who battles the Great Old Ones of Lovecraft's universe (which appears to be Rasalom's allies).
RichE   10-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Bud and Lou...? You know it!
Another meeting should be William W. Johnstone's Linc Donovan ("The Devil's Laughter")

And how about the famous German master criminal 'Doctor Mabuse'?
Mike Hanson   10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I would like Jack to meet Carl, an 85 year old curmudgeon
and former Reporter for Chicago's Independent News Service.

And if I have to explain who Carl is, then you are a lost
cause... ;P

Mike Big Grin
This post was last modified: 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM by Mike Hanson.
webby   10-05-2007, 03:38 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again- an RJ x Pendergast story would be fantastic.

I'll second that. Smile

It might also be fun if our Jack were to meet Jack Reacher, though I doubt either one would understand the other.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dave F   10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again- an RJ x Pendergast story would be fantastic.

I'll tripple that - or whatever the right phrase is

Its about bloody time he met Glaeken (Pre nightworld)

The artist formally known as Britfan
Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8