dejo   10-04-2007, 02:14 PM
But probably not a featured role.

So, last night (the first of three nights) I performed as an extra on the new Eddie Murphy movie, working title: "Nowhereland", that is now filming in the Denver area. Mostly background action (although I may get to appear closer to the camera, skating, during tonight's filming). But I did have my copy of Bloodline in hand to read between scenes. And that copy was with me when the cameras were rolling so there's a chance, a slim chance, that me and the book will make it onto the silver screen.

This is my second stint as an extra (my first paid though) as I was an extra on the 3D IMAX film "Siegfried & Roy - The Magic Box". Happened to be staying at The Mirage with time on my hands when they were filming.

I'm not planning on doing this a lot or hoping to be discovered; it's just a fun distraction. Not sure if I made any RJ converts but a few people asked me about the book.
Maggers   10-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Dejo, that is exceedingly cool!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Barry Lee Dejasu   10-04-2007, 03:48 PM
That is extremely cool. I hope it makes it in!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
cobalt   10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Dejo.....very cool indeed!

EWMAN
Biggles   10-04-2007, 03:52 PM
dejo Wrote:But probably not a featured role.

So, last night (the first of three nights) I performed as an extra on the new Eddie Murphy movie, working title: "Nowhereland", that is now filming in the Denver area. Mostly background action (although I may get to appear closer to the camera, skating, during tonight's filming). But I did have my copy of Bloodline in hand to read between scenes. And that copy was with me when the cameras were rolling so there's a chance, a slim chance, that me and the book will make it onto the silver screen.

This is my second stint as an extra (my first paid though) as I was an extra on the 3D IMAX film "Siegfried & Roy - The Magic Box". Happened to be staying at The Mirage with time on my hands when they were filming.

I'm not planning on doing this a lot or hoping to be discovered; it's just a fun distraction. Not sure if I made any RJ converts but a few people asked me about the book.

You never know whether you'll make it into the final cut when you're an extra (I was lucky, because I was in the scene where the hero found his partner's dead body), but I hope you make it! Everyone deserves his few seconds of fame, and if you have an FPW book in your hands, ever more so!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Susan   10-04-2007, 04:02 PM

Neato!

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Kenji   10-05-2007, 08:54 AM

Dejo, recently I don't pay attention to Eddie Murphy's movie, but I'll see that!

You're The Man! Cool
dejo   10-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Kenji Wrote:Dejo, recently I don't pay attention to Eddie Murphy's movie, but I'll see that!
Yeah, I was discussing with other extras that most of his recent fare has been rather disappointing (although Bowfinger was surprisingly good for me) and the basic story of Nowhereland ("A financial executive who can't stop his career downspiral is invited into his daughter's imaginary world, where solutions to his problems await") doesn't sound overly impressive, but with the writers of Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure reuniting for this project it holds some promise.

And it's been educational to be involved anyways. Although these 5pm-call-time,-shot-till-2am night shots are draining me. Tonight's my last night but tomorrow morning my fiancee and I have an 8:30am flight up to Edmonton to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with family this weekend.

What I'll do is see the movie when it first comes out, then post here on whether it's worth going to see just to catch a glimpse of me and the Bloodline book on the big screen. The tentative release date for this picture is 26 September 2008, so it's probably gonna be a wait.
Scott Miller   10-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Here's hoping you make the final cut. Wish I'd have known about it, I would have come down to at least look at things. Maybe I still can.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels