Pages (3):    1 2 3
Scott Miller   10-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Britfan Wrote:I was going to recommend this one too, but I didn't want Scott's head getting too big Wink

Thanks. As it is, I've had to install double doors at my house just to get in.

As for recommendations I'll say Steven Spruill & Matthew Costello(collaborators with FPW whose solo work is definitely worth reading) John Ramsey Miller, Chet Williamson, Neil Gaiman, Richard Laymon, Richard Morgan, Rick Mofina, Ray Garton, Joe Lansdale, S.K. Epperson, Neal Shusterman...I'll think of more later.

Another one is The Gumshoe, The Witch and the Virtual Corpse by Keith Hartman(which did arrive Cos-thanks).

A good place to look for these authors and more is http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk
This post was last modified: 10-02-2007, 11:22 AM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
maryuk   10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Try reading Night Kill by FPW it is a fast paced thriller, I read it in one sitting!
Try reading books by Graham Masterton, he writes in the same style as FPW and does a lot of supernatural research, especially Native American and Vampires.
maryuk

"The only book you regret is the one you didn't buy."

"When I get a little money, I buy books.
And if any is left, I buy food and clothes." (Erasmus)
RichE   10-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Any book by the late great William W. Johnstone. His Mountain Man/Gunslinger series is great!
Also check out
"Remember The Alamo"
"Last Of The Dog Team"
"Ordeal"
Ashes series"
"Breakdown"
Any of his horror books-good reading!
Miranda   10-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:As for recommendations I'll say Steven Spruill & Matthew Costello(collaborators with FPW whose solo work is definitely worth reading) John Ramsey Miller, Chet Williamson, Neil Gaiman, Richard Laymon, Richard Morgan, Rick Mofina, Ray Garton, Joe Lansdale, S.K. Epperson, Neal Shusterman...I'll think of more later.

Nice to see that someone has heard of Chet Williamson. Not enough readers appreciate him enough.

I'd recommend the Charlie Parker series by John Connolly. It has some things in common with RJ, but the tone is a bit darker.
RichE   10-12-2007, 01:59 AM
"CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON-TIME'S BLACK LAGOON"
Paul Di Filippo Dark Horse Press
Well written sequel to "Creature Walks Among Us" picking up in 2015 and discovering the truth behind The Gillman. Great read!
Pages (3):    1 2 3