Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Sorrel   10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I recently read Sister Night, and I started Black Wind last night, but what should I read next?!

I tried to read Implant, but I nearly keeled over by page three and had to stop! (i'm not good with brain surgery!)

I've read all the RJ books (needless to say!) and dont expect Black Wind will take that long as its so exciting already, I only got about one chapter in before bedtime! What else are you guys reading?

[SIZE="4"]Visit my Illustration blog![/SIZE]
Dr. Trilobite   10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Jack is sometimes compared to Andrew Vachss' character Burke. You might want to try him out, although his books get extremely grim and violent.
Sorrel   10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:Jack is sometimes compared to Andrew Vachss' character Burke. You might want to try him out, although his books get extremely grim and violent.

So long as there's no brain/eye dissection:eek: , I'll give him a go! cheers!

Dave F   10-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Sorrel Wrote:I recently read Sister Night, and I started Black Wind last night, but what should I read next?!

I tried to read Implant, but I nearly keeled over by page three and had to stop! (i'm not good with brain surgery!)

I've read all the RJ books (needless to say!) and dont expect Black Wind will take that long as its so exciting already, I only got about one chapter in before bedtime! What else are you guys reading?

If you haven't read the adversary cycle I'd go for that

Start with The Keep, then The Tomb (RJ book), The Touch, Reborn, Reprisal and finally Nightworld (you might want to save the last one until the RJ books are all finished)

If you like vampire books FPW's - Midnight Mass is an excellent vampire novel (and the limited is stunning if you can lay your hands on a copy)

The artist formally known as Britfan
Kenji   10-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Sorrel Wrote:I recently read Sister Night, and I started Black Wind last night, but what should I read next?!

Except for RJ and AC, I recommend SIMS and THE FIFTH HARMONIC. Both books are terrific!
Sorrel   10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Britfan Wrote:If you haven't read the adversary cycle I'd go for that

Start with The Keep, then The Tomb (RJ book), The Touch, Reborn, Reprisal and finally Nightworld (you might want to save the last one until the RJ books are all finished)

If you like vampire books FPW's - Midnight Mass is an excellent vampire novel (and the limited is stunning if you can lay your hands on a copy)

Sadly (in the sense that I cant read them again with fresh eyes) I have already read the Advesary Cycle! Bones Weep Tedium was trying to get Midnight Mass, but I dont think he got it yet. I'll have a look for it! Cheers!Big Grin

Dave F   10-01-2007, 05:25 PM
If you meant non FPW then Preston & Child books are good, and seem popular with the gang here

If you fancy a real change Scott Miller put a few of us onto Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. Fantasy with a difference (don't let the swords& sorcery angle put you off) this series is excellent

If you don't mind graphic novels try the Sandman series

cobalt   10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Also try Virgin........it has been re-released recently. Great story as well.

EWMAN
Dave F   10-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorrel Wrote:Sadly (in the sense that I cant read them again with fresh eyes) I have already read the Advesary Cycle! Bones Weep Tedium was trying to get Midnight Mass, but I dont think he got it yet. I'll have a look for it! Cheers!Big Grin

Look no further

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Midnight-Mass-F-Pa...dZViewItem

Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:Jack is sometimes compared to Andrew Vachss' character Burke. You might want to try him out, although his books get extremely grim and violent.

"Look. Don't go in there. It's a set-up. A trap."
"Who...?"
"My name's Burke. I hear about you. Like what I hear. But let my family take care of this."
BOOOOM!
"Four less clowns roamin' 'round town. The plan was sweet and the tuck went neat."
"We got everybody, Prof?"
"The man of silence got the man of violence! We all flyin', let the devil be buyin'"
"We're wind. Jack...we gotta have a meet soon."
"Yeah. I heard about you too, Burke. And your family."
"Whole town's going nuts. Something about that crazy symbol."
"How about the meet?"
"Julio's at ten tonight?"
"You...you =know= that's my hang?"
"I just look stupid, pal. I read Paul Wilson's books too."
Pages (3): 1 2 3