Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
GeraldRice   08-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Let me see if I can add this puppy now.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Now it's listed as "Not Yet Available". I'm emailing these guys now.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Marc   08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Britfan Wrote:Just purchased a copy from Amazon UK

Unfortunately has only 1 (very negative) review

My stepdaughter is a huge fan of horror movies (of all budgets & descriptions) so will be watching it with her.

As Dave Moore (writer of DitW) said to me when I pointed out the review, "If I had to spend £19.99 (approx. $38US) I'd have given it one star too!" I hope you bought it through one of the third party sellers and saved yourself a bit.
This post was last modified: 08-20-2008, 04:06 PM by Marc.
Marc   08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Now it's listed as "Not Yet Available". I'm emailing these guys now.

Blockbuster.com, right? They don't have it. They committed to buy copies but then at the last minute picked up a slate of 15 films from Lions Gate. They then decided to dump a bunch of indie horror flicks because their warehouse was over saturated with horror.

If you do digital rentals DitW is suppose to be coming out soon. You SHOULD (though I can't confirm yet) be available through Amazon Unbox, iTunes, Hulu, BitTorrent (the legitimate one) as well as others.

On a side note I received the German cover the other day. It's not complete yet but once it is I can post it if people are interested.
This post was last modified: 08-20-2008, 11:29 AM by Marc.
dejo   08-20-2008, 11:47 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Now it's listed as "Not Yet Available". I'm emailing these guys now.
One more reason to toss Blockbuster and go with Netflix! Big Grin

Here's another: The Blockbuster CEO thinks they should only stock new releases. Blockbuster CEO 'Confused by Fascination' With Netflix
Dave F   08-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Marc B. Wrote:As Dave Moore (writer of DitW said to me when I pointed out the review he said, "If I had to spend £19.99 (approx. $38US) I'd have given it one star too!" I hope you bought it through one of the third party sellers and saved yourself a bit.

Damn - never noticed!

I just hit buy with 1 click!

Ah well I'm always told I am useless with money - never hunting for bargains!

Hope you guys are getting your share Confusedquigglemouth:

The artist formally known as Britfan
GeraldRice   08-21-2008, 09:16 AM
The only reason I go with Blockbuster is the in-store component. I can return a movie and they begin processing the next one (even though there can be a delay in sending the next flick). Also I get two in-store trade-ins a month (I get one movie at a time). Netflix's selection is better and their customer service, what few times I needed it, is better. Here is the email exchange between me and them. I kid you not, this is real (but I did clean it up for easy reading):

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Dead in the Water - 2006 [Incident: 080820-000976]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:07:09
From: Blockbuster Online Customer Care <blockbuster@custhelp.com>
To: <Gerald Rice>

Dead in the Water - 2006

Customer (Gerald Rice) 08/20/2008 08:57 AM > Hi, I've been trying to get this movie for some time now and it is still unavailable even though the movie was released almost a year ago. I believe Indican is the distributor for this movie and when it was originally listed as "Coming Soon" then they
were informed by Blockbuster that whatever problem that existed at the time had been fixed. I know the person who directed this movie and I would like to see it if possible. >

Auto-Response 08/20/2008 08:57 AM > ***YOUR QUESTION HAS NOT YET BEEN SUBMITTED. PLEASE CLICK THE "FINISH SUBMITTING QUESTION" BUTTON IF THE INFORMATION BELOW DOES NOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.*** Gerald, Based on your submission, we feel the following may provide the appropriate answers. If no solutions appear or you feel that none are helpful, please click the "Finish Submitting Your Question" below to have your question sent directly to a Customer Care Associate.

Subject > Dead in the Water - 2006 > > Discussion Thread > Response (Marvie) 08/20/2008 10:28 AM > Hello Gerald, Thanks for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Care. I'm sorry to hear we haven't shipped "Rise of the Undead" as you've requested. If a title's release date has passed, and the description is still "Coming Soon," it means we are currently working on receiving inventory for this title. Please keep this title at the top in your queue and we'll ship it as soon as we can. Please feel free to contact us again if there is anything else we can do for you. Sincerely, Marvie Customer Care Associate BLOCKBUSTER Online >

Customer (Gerald Rice) 08/20/2008 01:42 PM
I didn't ask about "Rise of the Undead". I asked about "Dead in the Water". Blockbuster Online Customer Care wrote: > Dead in the Water - 2006 > In order for your reply to be processed, you MUST first click "Reply" to this e-mail, then enter your response in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will not be processed, and you will receive an undeliverable e-mail. [===> Please click "Reply" and enter your response below this line <===] [===> Please enter your response above this line <===] >

Response (Marvie) 08/20/2008 04:34 PM
Hello Gerald, Thanks for writing back and I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I have verified that "Dead Waters (1994)" is in "Very Long Wait" status. "Very Long Wait" means the title currently has a high number of requests compared to the number of copies available for shipment. If the demand stays high, it may take several weeks or more before we can ship you the title, provided a distribution center near you has a copy in stock. Please keep in mind that due to the constant change in availability factors, even if it has the highest priority in your queue, we can't guarantee that the title will be shipped within the estimated timeframe. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Sincerely, Marvie Customer Care
Associate BLOCKBUSTER Online

Customer (Gerald Rice) 08/20/2008 05:27 PM
No. That is still wrong. The movie is "Dead in the Water". It came out in 2006. I have it as the very last movie in my queue. How are you misunderstanding me? I'm really curious as to how the problem has been 'fixed' and yet the movie is still unavailable.

Discussion Thread
Response (Marvie) 08/20/2008 06:07 PM
Hello Gerald, I sincerely apologize that I got so confused with the movie you are referring to. Our records indicate that "Dead in the Water (2006)" is in "Coming Soon" status. We are currently working on receiving inventory for this title. Please keep this title in your queue and we'll ship it as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Sincerely, Marvie Customer Care Associate BLOCKBUSTER Online

In order for your reply to be processed, you MUST first click "Reply" to this e-mail, then enter your response in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will not be processed, and you will receive an undeliverable e-mail. [===> Please click "Reply" and enter your response below this line <===] [===> Please enter your response above this line <===]

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Marc   08-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Wow. That's simply... Wow.
Dave F   08-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I now understand why the film got 1 star on Amazon UK - the reviewer has the brain the size of an amoeba - and doesn't understand the humour & irony in the script. They are the sort of person that thinks the Keep was a great vampire movie! :tongue:

I thought it was good (DitW - not the Keep), I have no idea what budget you had, but did wonders. The priest's son is great, he has some fantastic lines.

Not sure I would give it 5 stars, but definitely not 1 star

It does suffer from poor visual quality at times - the back grounds are a bit pixelated - however I'm not sure I would have noticed if you hadn't warned me the UK distributor ripped the NTSC version, and not a master.

Cheers

Dave

The artist formally known as Britfan
Marc   08-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Britfan Wrote:It does suffer from poor visual quality at times - the back grounds are a bit pixelated - however I'm not sure I would have noticed if you hadn't warned me the UK distributor ripped the NTSC version, and not a master.

That's just my guess. I've never actually confirmed this but it is strange they managed to put a DVD out without me sending them a master.

If you have a chance (and don't mind) post a short review on the Amazon UK site.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4