Pages (3): 1 2 3   
RichE   09-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I've been howling like Chaney jr for Paul to do a series on Jack's buddy Abe for some time now and I need help in others joining in on the cacophonous air assault! And since their debute in "NIGHTWORLD" and gutstomping, hilarious cameo in "ALL THE RAGE", I think the Ashe Brothers (who always make me think of "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" for some odd reason) should have a line too.
Cmon Paul-we the silent (OK not so silent Majority) ask this blessing!
Anyone else agree?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-24-2007, 10:20 AM
RichE Wrote:I've been howling like Chaney jr for Paul to do a series on Jack's buddy Abe for some time now and I need help in others joining in on the cacophonous air assault! And since their debute in "NIGHTWORLD" and gutstomping, hilarious cameo in "ALL THE RAGE", I think the Ashe Brothers (who always make me think of "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" for some odd reason) should have a line too.
Cmon Paul-we the silent (OK not so silent Majority) ask this blessing!
Anyone else agree?

Count me in, Rich. I'd jump hula-hoops to read an Abe short-story--better yet, a novella. =How= did this language scholar become what he is? How did he and Jack meet? What's the tale about his marriage and his daughter?

Paul! Your loyal readers crave answers to questions! Only you can provide them!

(Well, maybe not. Let's see...)

Call me Ishmael.
Got your attention, didn't I?
My name's Abe.
I'm a gun-runner.
That's what those who don't want =you= to have what =they= have call me.

Hope to see you at my store.

I sell fine tennis rackets too.
This post was last modified: 09-24-2007, 10:31 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Oxenberger   09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
I agree I'd love to see an Abe or Ashe brothers story!

However, if we're throwing ideas around for a short story on a characters past, I'd like to throw Julio's name into the pot. Better yet, it seems a book of short stories on all of Jack's friends/acquaintance's would be great!

-Ox
RichE   09-25-2007, 06:45 AM
(As Huntz Hall as Satch)
"Oh you Boys Kill Me! Just Kill Me!"

Seriously-I think those are great ideas. We know so much about Jack and stories about Julio, Abe and our flying high...er ..high flying Ashe Brothers would make great reading.
My fantasy involves Jack dragging an unsuspecting Abe to a horror film convention and the tale is told through Abe's viewpoint ("I'm gonna kill Mr. Repairman Jack for this!").
webby   09-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Oxenberger Wrote:I agree I'd love to see an Abe or Ashe brothers story!

However, if we're throwing ideas around for a short story on a characters past, I'd like to throw Julio's name into the pot. Better yet, it seems a book of short stories on all of Jack's friends/acquaintance's would be great!

-Ox

"Sidekicks and Others" Big Grin

I love it! A book of short stories, each one focusing on one of Jack's friends/acquaintances. Too cool....

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WGB   09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Sounds good to me, as long as it did not delay any RJ books coming out! Big Grin
RichE   09-26-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't think we have to worry about that! We can tie Paul to a chair before a word processor-pump him full of coffee and candy bars while Dennis Miller's words of wisdom wistfully float on the air! Everything done right and on time. And they say life is complicated!
BK Akitas   09-26-2007, 01:24 PM
hmm, maybe a fanfic thread comprised entirely of 'sidekick' stories- written by us sidekicks.
could be fun to pub a few dozen copies for ourselves for GU.

I'd like to see more on Abe, Jack ain't the only guy keeping him in business.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Maggers   09-26-2007, 02:13 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:...could be fun to pub a few dozen copies for ourselves for GU.

OMG, that sounds like homework ... for a GU! That's way too much work for what is essentially a party. Knock yourselves out, though, if you want. I don't bring homework on my vacations. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:hmm, maybe a fanfic thread comprised entirely of 'sidekick' stories- written by us sidekicks.
could be fun to pub a few dozen copies for ourselves for GU.

I'd like to see more on Abe, Jack ain't the only guy keeping him in business.

Start it, Danni! Or anyone of the gang can.:...

Abe sighed. It had been a =very= good day for business.

And that was bad in a sense. In a sense...bad...

Why was he doing this?

He polished the tennis rackets. Just do something. Keep his hands working. Keep his mind working too. Maybe that was the point.

Let's try to win... Maybe we can't beat Rasalom...maybe we can't beat the Otherness...
We can try!

And there's a little mouse! Traps? Naw. That little animal gotta live too.

A customer.
"You're Abe?"
"Yes."
"Jack said you could help me..."
"So who is Jack?"
"You know."
"I'm sorry, I'm closing now."
"That's funny. Jack told me you'd be like this."
"Jack, I don't know. Sorry."
"Sorry his friend helped your daughter? I was that friend.
The Otherness was going to make an example of her. Rape her and torture her and kill her to show power. I helped stop it. Not just me. Others. You're not alone here, Abe."
"Thank you for helping my little girl. It's almost something I cannot believe. How can I help you now?"
"Listen...if you can't, I'll understand..."
This post was last modified: 09-26-2007, 11:09 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (3): 1 2 3