Pages (2): 1 2   
Scott Miller   09-03-2007, 11:23 AM
came up on the movie game and I decided I would like to see it again; what a good decision. It is a very charming tale of a bushman who is sent by his tribe to throw a coke bottle off the edge of the earth and the adventures he has while doing so. I like the whole movie, but the first fifteen minutes where they are contrasting the bushman's village and civilization are priceless. And it makes for good family fare, both my kids loved it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
phoenix rising   09-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Wow I haven't seen that movie in years!!!
Scott Miller   09-03-2007, 12:03 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Wow I haven't seen that movie in years!!!

Neither had I. It wasn't as slapstick as I remembered, thank goodness.

Scott

webby   09-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I love that movie too! It was so original when it was released, and probably still is - I can't think of anything like it.

I strongly recommend this film as an antidote to the usual rubbish found in theatres today. There was a sequel made, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first and is probably best forgotten.

For those who haven't seen the movie - this is not really a spoiler, still just the premise of the movie: when the bushman first finds the Coke bottle, it has just fallen from the sky, making him believe it to be a gift from the gods. When he takes it back to his village, it causes nothing but trouble and that's why he's sent to throw it back to the gods. The gods must have been crazy to give the people such a troublesome thing! Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scott Miller   09-03-2007, 12:16 PM
webby Wrote:I strongly recommend this film as an antidote to the usual rubbish found in theatres today. There was a sequel made, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first and is probably best forgotten.

The DVD I got has both, I don't remember if I've seen the sequel or not but I do remember it being panned by nearly everyone.

webby Wrote:For those who haven't seen the movie - this is not really a spoiler, still just the premise of the movie: when the bushman first finds the Coke bottle, it has just fallen from the sky, making him believe it to be a gift from the gods. When he takes it back to his village, it causes nothing but trouble and that's why he's sent to throw it back to the gods. The gods must have been crazy to give the people such a troublesome thing! Smile

I love his first attempt to get rid of it and when he thinks the guy ran away from him because of the bottle instead of the gun.

Scott

webby   09-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:The DVD I got has both, I don't remember if I've seen the sequel or not but I do remember it being panned by nearly everyone.
Deservedly so.

Scott Miller Wrote:I love his first attempt to get rid of it and when he thinks the guy ran away from him because of the bottle instead of the gun.
Big Grin

I'm gonna have to get a copy on DVD now. It's been too long since I watched this.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
phoenix rising   09-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Absolutey hysterical!!!!!!Big Grin
Blake   09-03-2007, 01:39 PM
One of my favorite bits: the guerillas bursting through the doors, which are forced open so hard that they hit the wall, bounce back, and slam on their guns. Classic. Smile

I'll have to watch this again soon, too.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Kenji   09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:came up on the movie game and I decided I would like to see it again; what a good decision. It is a very charming tale of a bushman who is sent by his tribe to throw a coke bottle off the edge of the earth and the adventures he has while doing so. I like the whole movie, but the first fifteen minutes where they are contrasting the bushman's village and civilization are priceless. And it makes for good family fare, both my kids loved it.

Oh yeah! I went to a theatre see it when I was 10 or 11. Japanese title was "Miracle world Bushman". It was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing! Big Grin

After the movie, Japanese TV invited Mr.Nixau(bushman) to Japan. I still remember that day. He came to Japan, and first he said "Is there no sun in Japan?" When he arrived in Tokyo, the sky was cloudy.
RichE   09-04-2007, 01:48 PM
If you guys think "GODS MUST BE CRAZY" was funny, seek out "THE CRAZY SAFARI"-the third sequel. It has it all: The fire hating rhino, hopping Chinese vampire, zombie, a frustrated wizard and his high strung employer (lost in the African desert), Zulu warriors and their crazy witch doctor, villianous Afrikaners and of course Nixau. Hysterical comedy has the spirit of BRUCE LEE takes over Nizau (who masters Lee's mannerisms while the music from "Enter The Dragon" plays in the background).
Great fun and a very large belly laugh!
Pages (2): 1 2