Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Auskar   07-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Holy Friggin' Crap, Batman! Ken and I completely and totally agree on a subject! That deserves an exclamation point. Big Grin
jimbow8   07-20-2007, 09:55 PM
To paraphrase Peter Jackson regarding criticisms that his LOTR movies didn't accurately follow the books: "If you want the books .... then READ the books. I made a movie."

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Auskar   07-21-2007, 03:48 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:To paraphrase Peter Jackson regarding criticisms that his LOTR movies didn't accurately follow the books: "If you want the books .... then READ the books. I made a movie."
That's a good quote.
Ken Valentine   07-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Auskar Wrote:Holy Friggin' Crap, Batman! Ken and I completely and totally agree on a subject! That deserves an exclamation point. Big Grin

So far, I think that there are just two major things that we disagree on: politics and . . . um . . . politics. Big Grin

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   07-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Maggers Wrote:Books as long as the Potter novels should not be condensed into one movie. The books are rich in detail, and we know the devil is in the details. We Pottermaniacs need the details. Since the producers have opted to make only one movie per Potter book, we are left with less than the whole. It's really a shame.

But the only option in that regard is to make mini-series of them all.

I haven't read the books, but I recently watched the movies -- Chamber Of Secrets was first as The Sorcerers Stone was currently rented.

It was one of those movies where I couldn't possibly predict what was going to happen next . . . I really liked it!

So . . .

I waited until all four movies were in, rented them all, and had my own Harry Potter marathon. It was GREAT! Or should I say, "I enjoyed it immensely." Big Grin

Ken V.
Maggers   07-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:But the only option in that regard is to make mini-series of them all.
I agree. Maybe someday that will happen. I think the mega money is in movies, though.
Quote:....I waited until all four movies were in, rented them all, and had my own Harry Potter marathon. It was GREAT! Or should I say, "I enjoyed it immensely." Big Grin

Ken V.
I'm so glad you enjoyed them immensely! Big Grin Really, though, Ken, the Potter books and movies provide a wonderful world in which to get lost. The last book comes out today, and I am very concerned that someone (not on this board) but someone in the media will give away the ending.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   07-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Maggers Wrote:I agree. Maybe someday that will happen. I think the mega money is in movies, though.
'

Yep. Mega-money received is in movies. Mega-money spent is in mini-series'.

Quote:I'm so glad you enjoyed them immensely! Big Grin Really, though, Ken, the Potter books and movies provide a wonderful world in which to get lost. The last book comes out today, and I am very concerned that someone (not on this board) but someone in the media will give away the ending.

I liked the movies -- not having read the books -- because J.K.Rowling created her own world with its own logic. And for my part, there was no way to anticipate what would come next. It was a marvelous series of surprises.

Ken V.
Auskar   07-22-2007, 06:08 AM
I just watched the new Harry Potter movie and thought it was great. The previous ones I just thought were good. This one I really liked.
Weatherford   07-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I have to agree that I loved the new one! And I was not impressed by the Cuaron one(s?) - I think the difference is those of us who prefer dialogue/action to those who prefer scenery/action - I am a dialogue fanatic! I got bored and PO's at the long dance scene in the last movie (YAWN!) which time could have been spent developing the characters/plot....

Yes there are things missing from the most recent - but, all in all, it is my favorite. Of course, that may change after I watch it a few times!! :lol:
jimbow8   07-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Alfonso Cuarón directed ONLY the 3rd film, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4