GeraldRice   07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Recently, I submitted a teleplay to NBC for one of their shows, Medium. I don't know how long it takes for them to review--anyone else submitted something to any of the major networks? What was your experience?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Marc   07-12-2007, 03:30 PM
To my knowledge no studio will not accept unsolicited scripts. The exception to the rule was Star Trek.
Mike Hanson   07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Recently, I submitted a teleplay to NBC for one of their shows, Medium. I don't know how long it takes for them to review--anyone else submitted something to any of the major networks? What was your experience?

I submitted three one-hour teleplays to Paramount
for Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Star Trek Voyager
back during their open submission policy. The wait was
long and horrendous, however, the letterhead on the
rejection notices looks pretty darned cool...sigh Sad

If you have official represention, Gerald, congratulations.
If you have a personal connection to a television show,
and thus an "in" when it comes to script submissions,
I am very jealous. ;-)

Mike out
This post was last modified: 07-12-2007, 08:54 PM by Mike Hanson.
Auskar   07-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Like Marc said, to my knowledge, you need an agent. Except Star Trek. The guy that does Battlestar Galactica, I think, got his start by submitting an unsolicited screenplay to Star Trek (though I could also be very wrong about that, too).
GeraldRice   07-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Actually, if you dig around on NBC's website, there is a place where you can request permission to submit something to them. It takes about 2 weeks and then their legal department will send you something to fill out and sign and you can submit your submission to them. I have to give them a call and find out how long it takes.

I'll look it up and post the link on here.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Mike Hanson   07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Auskar Wrote:Like Marc said, to my knowledge, you need an agent. Except Star Trek. The guy that does Battlestar Galactica, I think, got his start by submitting an unsolicited screenplay to Star Trek (though I could also be very wrong about that, too).

I'd heard the same thing for years Auskar...and then I read an interview with Moore a few months ago where he went into some detail about how he broke in. He actually never officially submitted a script through Paramount's Star Trek open submissions program. What happened was he made a connection through a friend and got a personal tour of the Star Trek The Next Generation Set, and during that two-person tour kept asking/pestering the guy giving the tour (some mid-level guy at the studio) to accept (take) the spec script Ron had brought with him. Some how, some way, Ron managed to charm the guy, who took the script, personally delivered it to the writing department, where it got read, and the rest is history. In short, Ron found himself an "in," which bypassed that route I took (and where I and THOUSANDS of others got fed into the funnel and grinder that was the Paramount Television Star Trek Development Department run by Lolita Fatjo). But I'm not bitter... Rolleyes
This post was last modified: 07-13-2007, 10:04 PM by Mike Hanson.
Mike Hanson   07-13-2007, 10:06 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Actually, if you dig around on NBC's website, there is a place where you can request permission to submit something to them. It takes about 2 weeks and then their legal department will send you something to fill out and sign and you can submit your submission to them. I have to give them a call and find out how long it takes. I'll look it up and post the link on here.

Thank you for setting me straight on the matter.

And best of luck on your submission. You never know. Your
script might just have an idea or situation that is exactly what
they are looking for. Hope springs eternal...

Take care,

Mike out Cool
GeraldRice   07-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Found the link: http://nbcunicareers.com/entry_leadershi...r_writers/

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Biggles   07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Marc B. Wrote:To my knowledge no studio will not accept unsolicited scripts. The exception to the rule was Star Trek.

Especially if the scripts contain any triple negatives.

But then I'm not sure if I don't know what I'm not talking about, neither.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"