Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Miller   07-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:No shit? Who are these eagle-eyed souls? And you're right Ken is crafty. He's been leading the FBI and Interpol a merry chase for many a long year.

Blake is one for sure, don't know about the other person.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
ccosborne3   07-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:No shit? Who are these eagle-eyed souls? And you're right Ken is crafty. He's been leading the FBI and Interpol a merry chase for many a long year.

Not my place to say Bluesman. I wouldnt want to out anybody.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 11:34 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Not my place to say Bluesman. I wouldnt want to out anybody.

Quite right and damn proper. In Dickensian London, proofreaders ranked just below chimney sweeps in the social order. And things haven't changed much, if at all.
ccosborne3   07-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Quite right and damn proper. In Dickensian London, proofreaders ranked just below chimney sweeps in the social order. And things haven't changed much, if at all.

It's a thankless job for sure. Must be alot harder nowadays that we dont use proper english when speaking. I just read the new Michael Connelly book and it was overedited to the extreme. The dialogue didnt ring true.
Blake   07-10-2007, 03:11 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Blake is one for sure, don't know about the other person.

Not so much professionally. I'm just incredibly anal and am happy to send FPW my typo notes every time I read a new book. He asked for a typo list from people back when the trade hardcover of The Haunted Air came out, and he seemed so happy with what I sent that I've been continuing the tradition. I'm not sure he's still happy to get my notes, but I'm still happy to send them. Smile

I've definitely missed a few here and there in the past. My own mother called me on two I missed in Sims.

I haven't finished Bloodline yet because we're still getting settled after moving. But I'm sure I'll be sending notes soon. Smile

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Scott Miller   07-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I found a couple of more on the way. On page 360 at the very top it says that rather than than and on the bottom of 369 there is no space between the end of a sentence and Despite, the first word of the next sentence.

I was also curious about your decision to not use apostrophes to replace the absent g's in Jeremy's southern drawl. I wasn't even aware of it until sometime in the 200's and was going to mark it down as a typo when I noticed it was consistent throughout the entire book. I assume it was because Jeremy has always spoken like that so there is no missng g on the end of his words.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sourdoughs   07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I PM'd about the typo I found, but wasn't sure if Paul would be inundated with the same ones.

Would it be helpful to post a thread after a book has beeen released to collect these things?

-MarcC
Pages (2):    1 2